Brake line leaking . 2002 chev suburban LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing old brake steel lines . are you guys buying precut Ni-copper set $87 or doing one piece at time at local auto stores . I'm scratching my head if I just buy full set because once start looking I'm sure there be other steel line rusted out. It's kinda like why go thru all the work and not replace anything looks crusty. Person be just doing bleeding testing it all over again and again..

A.K.A. the rust belt blues..

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replacing old brake steel lines . are you guys buying precut Ni-copper set $87 or doing one piece at time at local auto stores . I'm scratching my head if I just buy full set because once start looking I'm sure there be other steel line rusted out. It's kinda like why go thru all the work and not replace anything looks crusty. Person be just doing bleeding testing it all over again and again..

A.K.A. the rust belt blues..

Most guys just replace them all at one time, they buy the whole set. There’s stainless steel sets too. You need to watch YouTube videos first if you want to do this, there’s guys who have figured out exactly how to snake them through since they’re installed before a lot of the other parts at the factory.

itsagaas

Reaction score
Like Woodblocker55 said above "... if one line rusts out there is another not too far behind it." I have a 1996 2-door Tahoe and had that very experience. About 10 years ago I replaced all of my brake lines after buying a coil of tube and fittings then spending a lot of time bending new ones. It came out great but it is time to do it again since one rusted out. This time I bought the entire brake line set in stainless from In-Line Tube in Michigan. All lines pre-bent. Reasonable price and huge time savings too. About two years ago I went to In-Line Tube for new stainless transmission cooler lines on the same vehicle with 4L-60E trans. The lines fit perfectly and they still look brand new.
I am not in any way affiliated with In-Line Tube. They make a great product at a reasonable price. Just passing it along to maybe help other folks.

OP
OP
Woodblocker55

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried them ni-copper brake lines ? There in rock auto.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocket Man, you should be getting a finder's fee from Amazon. You just sold me on this Motive.
You’ll wish you’d bought one years ago. Super great product. I never used to flush my brakes, now I do. I’ve replaced all 4 calipers on both my trucks twice, upgrades until I finally said ok, Wilwoods on both. And every time it was super easy to completely change all the fluid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14