Brake Line Extension - Do I Need Them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booyahzman

Reaction score
Just got done putting a lift onto the Yukon and adding a bit more to the back with some replacement MOOG (Z71-like) springs and Bilstein shocks. From my measurements, it looks like I gained about 4-5 inches from the stock height all around! I haven't finished putting the rear wheels back on to confirm the measurements, but it looks like I may get an inch or two more with the new shocks and coils. I can't wait to get it out of the garage and onto the street!

However, while putting in the new coils/shocks in the rear, the rear axle looked like it was hanging by the brake line (and beather tube). Both lines looked pretty well tight and wouldn't stretch any further. (As a note, the rear axle was always supported so no actual weight was on the brake line at all.) I'm worried that when I take the truck up into the hills and off-road that those lines may become tight again and possible split open leaving me without brakes.

Do I need to get a brake line extender for the back-end?
If so, can anyone recommend a good product and who to buy from?

Thanks!

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did longer stainless brake lines on mine from Crown Performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu