Brake Light Switch Plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2Seven

Reaction score
My 2011 LT has an issue with the brake lights staying on. I thought it was the brake light switch down on the pedal. Turns out one of the small wires that plugs in to the switch has come loose. I believe it is the purple wire.

What is the best way to fix this? Should I just order a new plug and splice it in?

Thanks!

tractorpuller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had this same problem. I think I broke it changing the switch though. I needed it right away though so I took plug apart and soldered a short piece of wire to the pin and spliced it to the wire. Kinda Jerry rigged I know but it was best I could do fast. If you can get the pins that would probably be best.

OP
OP
2Seven

2Seven

Reaction score
I had this same problem. I think I broke it changing the switch though. I needed it right away though so I took plug apart and soldered a short piece of wire to the pin and spliced it to the wire. Kinda Jerry rigged I know but it was best I could do fast. If you can get the pins that would probably be best.
Thanks for the advice!

I ordered a new plug with butt splices from Rock Auto. Should be here this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans