brake kits and brake line kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stonehenge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did a search, didn't find much, sorry if this is a dead horse.

Purchased a ss brake line kit awhile back, wasn't even close to working on my application.

Was wondering if anyone has purchased a good workable kit?

And the subject of upgrading the front brakes, just looking for some nice bolt on calipers. (or an upgrade kit, but truley bolt on) Not wanting chi-com painted red with a silly price tag. All the real deal stuff is not close to bolt on and requires you to run DUB 26" wheels or some ridiculous size wheels.

Any guidance or help is much appreciated. thx

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you looking to accomplish with different calipers? Best upgrade I've done on OBS style trucks was used a NBS master cylinder. Plenty of info if you do the google thing. Pedal is much higher and truck stops better. As for lines but pre-made Ni-Cop lines and bend to fit, join together with threaded unions if you need longer.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t done either and am going by memory here, but a hydroboost swap is supposedly a marked improvement. 3/4-ton calipers are another that I’ve heard of but am not sure just “how” they make a difference. You might read up on those.

I assume that 1/2-ton rotors could still be used with the 2500 calipers but am not sure.

As a sidebar, a pressure bleed did the trick for me with a Motive (garden sprayer type) bleeder and a BA14 adapter.

64A74CE2-934B-4EA2-A323-A0AE6C332411.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep