Brake issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so I have a 1999 Yukon SLT. I just changed the break booster and master cylinder and a rear wheel cylinder due to while I am driving the brake light on the dash stays on and only turns off if I pump the brakes but the brakes arnt there until I pump them even after changing all of that out. I am about to bleed the brakes again and hope its just air. any input would be awesome. Been dealing with this for around two years but it recently just got to the point that I cant drive it anymore.

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you bench bleed the master cylinder prior to installation? I don't know much about it but recall reading about problems bleeding brakes if the master wasn't bench bled. Also, the ABS system can get air inside the unit which is difficult to get out. I've read that a shop with a scan tool to activate the ABS system during bleeding of the brakes can significantly improve the braking system. I'm thinking of having this done. My brakes have always been super spongy in a quick panic brake scenario. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2