Brake issues after new front calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You def have something binding.. You should be able to spin the rotor easily minus the
friction of the drive system- make sure you are in Neutral...
Maybe you have the wrong parts ???? but you have something wrong for sure
I may grab some duralast pads since its a duralast caliper and see if that helps.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, make sure the rotors turn freely before you install the caliper, Also check to be sure the pistons are fully compressed into the caliper. You'll need big c-clamp to push them in if they're not. The brand of pads doesn't matter. When you buy new pads, there isn't an option to choose what brand of caliper you have. They're all the same thickness. It's possible those are returns that somebody mounted and the pistons got moved or they were not fully compressed from the factory. If that's not it you must have some wrong parts.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of doing my front brakes on my Tahoe. My issue is 8 can't get the rotor to turn by hand after assembly unless I loosen the slide pins. Is this expected and then changes once the fluid line is reconnected and bled? I bought the a.c. Delco rotors and pads for my truck and replaced the calipers with duralast calipers foe the fronts due to a limited budget. I'm tackling the left side tomorrow. I literally had to disassemble the entire caliper and start with the bracket, get the pads on, then sit the caliper over the bracket, then put the slides in. I'm not gonna reconnect the line until both are installed. Was there an easier way ?
In some cases there are inner and outer pads. They have little raised bumps that align in certain places.
Make sure they aren mixed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2