Brake fluid leak while replacing motor mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchase the heater coolant tees or factory replacement hoses for the truck now. When they go they’re nowhere to be found except the dealer who’s happy to sell them to you for hundreds. A broken T will drain the motor of coolant in 15-30 seconds forcing you to shut down the motor. That means no power brake, no power steering and a windshield full of steam. If you run the motor until you’re off the freeway, good bye engine.

Keep the T’s, clamps and hoses in the spare tire cavity or in the storage compartment at the left rear of the truck. When it does happen you’ll be back on the road quickly or have everything to do the job on your time & terms. My Indi shop charged $4h to replace both because I had to get outta there. Dealer parts were his only option when I was towed in.
Do you know the part# by chance? Rock Auto doesn't seem to have the GM Ts in stock.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know the part# by chance? Rock Auto doesn't seem to have the GM Ts in stock.
@Tonyrodz provides the part numbers with pics in this post:

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz provides the part numbers with pics in this post:

Found them on Fleabay from a dealer an hour away for cheapest w/free shipping.

Is this a messy job, e.g. coolant everywhere? Or, will it be painless because of the height of the connections?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found them on Fleabay from a dealer an hour away for cheapest w/free shipping.

Is this a messy job, e.g. coolant everywhere? Or, will it be painless because of the height of the connections?
If you only had to replace the tees, it wouldn't be messy at all. But you also have to replace the heater hoses (and I would replace the one with the Y in it with the Dorman replacement that uses a metal Y fitting), and that means removing the other ends that connect to the water pump. Those sit about halfway up the height of the radiator, so you're going to lose a gallon of coolant at least unless you work really fast.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094