Brake Controller Issues - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out that it was all due to a faulty brake switch. All good now.

Shout out to the folks who chimed in and gave your input. Much appreciated.

Did you notice if your cruise control was out too? When that switch goes, the cruise control doesn't work. What are you hauling?

OP
OP
M

Marada Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you notice if your cruise control was out too? When that switch goes, the cruise control doesn't work. What are you hauling?
To be honest, I can't even remember the last time I used the cruise control. The mechanic also told me the same thing, a faulty brake switch will cause your cruise control not to work as well.

We just picked up a travel trailer that's about 4800 lbs. dry so I definitely needed a brake controller.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I can't even remember the last time I used the cruise control. The mechanic also told me the same thing, a faulty brake switch will cause your cruise control not to work as well.

We just picked up a travel trailer that's about 4800 lbs. dry so I definitely needed a brake controller.

Which weight distribution hitch will you be using?

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in this, mine works part of the time. The brakes will stay on.(light lights up and trailer brakes apply) without foot on the brake. If i tap pedal it will turn off. However few minutes later will be back on. When this happens the brake lights are not on.. I thought it was a bad controller and changed it, new one did the same thing.

rustycrocker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 2003 Avalanche, the brake controller plugs into the relay panel under the dash. According to everything I have read, this is not an option for the 2007 Yukon. I have read that you have to find a bundle of wires under the dash and hard-wire it. I cannot locate this bundle of wires. Any help is appreciated.

BTW - I had issues with my cruise control and this forum helped me out as it was definitely the brake switch.

Reaction score
On my 2003 Avalanche, the brake controller plugs into the relay panel under the dash. According to everything I have read, this is not an option for the 2007 Yukon. I have read that you have to find a bundle of wires under the dash and hard-wire it. I cannot locate this bundle of wires. Any help is appreciated.

BTW - I had issues with my cruise control and this forum helped me out as it was definitely the brake switch.
I had trouble finding mine, they were up there pretty high

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cruise works fine, the controller will light up at any given time with or without a trailer. The trigger wire for controller must come from a different source than cruise kill and Brake lights..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts