Brake caliper upgrade 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
isdatspinks

isdatspinks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

OP
OP
isdatspinks

isdatspinks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I posted the link with the site i found that has all the documentation and bracket. You just have to find the brake calipers.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Searching through C6 Corvette calipers it's a bit hard to tell which ones are specific to the ZR1 outside of the OEM blue caliper color, I'm just not familiar enough with them enough. ZR1 specific one's seem to be a bit harder to find?

All-in the parts list still comes in around $2,100 +/- w/ OEM rotors and pads, unless you stumble upon some used OEM ZR1 calipers for a good deal?
That also doesn't include any new brake lines, the caliper hardware kit, or ZR1 brake line banjo bolts referenced in the link.

Seems you're really not far from the price of a 16" Wilwood TX6R or TC6R front BBK w/ 2-piece rotors.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searching around the forum here I found this thread:

Looks like earlier this year or even late 2020 you could piece together the ZR1 caliper option for <$1,500. At that price there’s obviously some savings there!

However the market today and continuing raw material costs that’s no longer doable. I think you’ll be hard pressed to source the ZR1 caliper option for <$2,000 being optimistic. Unless you stumble upon some used ZR1 calipers…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442