Brake Booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StatutoryAPE

Reaction score
Someone kindly checked their vehicles and the noise is normal. Really not sure why that was so difficult to determine.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

I just experienced this today. Mine sounded worse though and I could physically see the booster expanding as the pedal is pressed and find that the air is escaping from the crimped spots on the flange. This is the second reman. booster I've had replaced within the last 10k miles, the first one locked up right when I left the shops parking lot. Anyways today I brought my Tahoe back to brakes plus who did the first two as it's under warranty still and they told me that the booster crimps are failing and they could eventually break and I wouldnt have power assist brakes anymore. So they're replacing it free of charge including labor. The shop manager remembered me from last year. He told me these remanned parts are all hit or miss unfortunately. Either way it's very strange, I've never heard a car l vehicle do this. If I were you I'd have a mechanic you trust take a look at it just to be safe.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree about checking length of pushrod, some are adjustable. Or you could even have a combination of mismatched parts. This is really beating you up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues