Brake Booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it normal for the reservoir to balloon like that?

Edit: I guess it's just moving with the brake pedal action. Moves up a little.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it normal for the reservoir to balloon like that?

I was asking about the air noise.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have heard booster woosh like that before and work fine but the brakes dragging is a concern. I would check the push rod on the master cylinder side to be sure it is the same length as the old one.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you monitored the engine vacuum to see what it does when the brake pedal is pressed?

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you monitored the engine vacuum to see what it does when the brake pedal is pressed?
I haven't, but I'm pretty sure something isn't right from how it fires up roaring right now.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of what has confused me is whether the booster should be making as much air noise as it is. I'm really not sure if I just noticed it because I was paying attention to the booster, and had just never noticed how loud it is before.

The Cardone feels nicer to my foot, but the brakes holding on isn't right. The SKP had a different feel, but it worked and was just making the same air noise, that I'm now thinking is possibly normal as it's less likely I got two bad parts in a row.

Is why my OP basically asks 'did I just notice this'?

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gone over everything again, made sure I didn't kink a hose, made sure the brake pedal is free to travel. The sticky pedal must be a bad booster, but I should probably/might just put the old one back on tomorrow to see what happens and then go from there.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the booster and the MC bolts were still loosened off a little at that point as I was trying to see if there was any difference in the pedal return.

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone kindly checked their vehicles and the noise is normal. Really not sure why that was so difficult to determine.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224