Brake bleed issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M123

Viking
Reaction score
Many times when problem with air still in the system can be found within the ABS block as mentioned here.
Other times dose the bake hoses acting like a membrane or expending when they are pressurized.
I would look at the hoses in the first step. :)

I really don't know if I should advice this, if the community think this is bad I remove right away, it's a bit risky and only do this if you know what you are doing!
This following aren't recommending if you are new to breaks and this in some cases can give more problem but if you haven't and tool to force the ABS pump can you bleeding the block by aim for the highest point and bleed it you when pump and car are of. Note brake fluid ruin paint and this can in some cases give more problem if you don't know what you are doing. This should be done without any pressure at the system. :)

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Times 2 on the calipers being reversed, your bleed screws must be on the top of the caliper when it is mounted; if they are on the bottom it is not possible to get the air out of the system.

I have a tech 2 but I have found that a normal bleeding procedure with the ABS fuse removed gets all of the air out pretty efficiently.

RR, then LR, then RF, then LF.

That has been accepted bleed procedure on all Left Side Steer vehicles since the invention of hydraulic brakes ;)

With all due respect to YouTube that is :)

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
At this point if you suspect it's bad get a replacement and bench bleed it before you install it. Also, please confirm the correct orientation for the calipers. Helps us rule out possibilities.

OP
OP
Ont240

Ont240

Reaction score
Bleeders are up.
New AC delco master on order. Hope to have by the weekend.
Hoses are in good condition. no swelling.
I've done brakes for 40+ years and this one takes the cake.
Still prefer the older systems without without ABS!
Have equipment I can do a vacuum bleed, if no one around

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ont240

Ont240

Reaction score
I have a tech 2 but I have found that a normal bleeding procedure with the ABS fuse removed gets all of the air out pretty efficiently.

Which ABS fuse ? Mine has three. #62 heavy duty ABS, #9 ABS2, #64 ABS1

OP
OP
Ont240

Ont240

Reaction score
New B Master arrived this morning . AC Delco(Bosch) Oem from amazon.
Bench bled, then installed. Pulled all 3 ABS fuses. Bled system (short pedal pumps) with the aid of a one way valve from an old Kurig. Up and running like a good thing!

Still curious how the master comes apart. Any Ideas? Twist lock? I'm sure the rebuilders know>

Last edited:

kentman

Reaction score
I always add the Russell speed bleeders to all my vehicles and swap the fluid every 24 months. No brake issues thus far after almost 100K miles. Fingers crossed.

I will be adding new speed bleeders to our sedan in a month or so. It just turned two years old. It is still on lease, but I plan to buy it off lease in a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518