Bought PP 2016 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, it actually feel bumpy and tend to bounce from side to side on bump, Im not sure ill get used to it, but not feeling putting 1500 into suspension as ive already put alots of stuff to make this truck look better, id need some expert to chime in to suggest what exactly would be best bang for the bucks with maybe retaining a little drop too. Lets
Me know your process.

I drive a lot with my toddlers in the back and this is one of the reasons to soften my susp,
so far here what I found and my math
Scrap Yard prices
Front strut assembly 2018 Tahoe LS $135 each
Rear Coil LW7 code $35 each
Rear shocks $90 each

New Bilstein shocks 5100 around $90 rear each and front around $120 just for shocks so need to add coil springs
I don't understand why scrap yard rear shocks almost the same price as new Bilstein

I'm a DIY guy, looks for me as an easy job, so labour - Free :)
I'm pretty sure I can sell my suspension, lots of people like to displace their kidneys. So I can get some money back

ATX 14

Reaction score
Do you have Z56 suspension or ZW7? Mine is Z56, too rough...

Where can I locate which suspension I have? I checked my window sticker and ran my vin on a website but didn’t see that info. Now I’m curious.

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I locate which suspension I have? I checked my window sticker and ran my vin on a website but didn’t see that info. Now I’m curious.

You should have sticker in glove box compartment
Here is my
Or if you can’t find Here, some manual
34e3b3379c61d9216221fdf39b5b8652.jpg
8bf49206aa7f248aeb87f64ba6159130.jpg

Last edited: