Bought PP 2016 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighted1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I did an impulsiv purchase and ended up buying a 2016 PP white tahoe 4x4 and realised how bad it was aftwe, no bluetooth, tons of interior plastic trim damaged or missing, roof fabric got hole in it, headlight were about to die, weak/foggy brightness, crappy audio/screen.

I ended up buying the leather cover skin upfront, some aftermarket headlight and (this is a gamble) a 12.1 touchscreen android carplay bluetooth friendly, about to receive it,
Hopefully will work.

My main question is regarding my key remote, I have two,
i think they come with a remote
Starter? Either way none of them work, I put new battery and tested frequency which were good, cant seem to program it
Not sure what to do, someone local to me said Id need to change my defective tpms
Sensor first? (2 of the 4 arent giving any respond). Any idea?
Also, are the pp trunk suppose to lift up with the remote? Or they only open manually with you raising them up?

Ill share
Some pictures on this thread within the week

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did an impulsiv purchase and ended up buying a 2016 PP white tahoe 4x4 and realised how bad it was aftwe, no bluetooth, tons of interior plastic trim damaged or missing, roof fabric got hole in it, headlight were about to die, weak/foggy brightness, crappy audio/screen.

I ended up buying the leather cover skin upfront, some aftermarket headlight and (this is a gamble) a 12.1 touchscreen android carplay bluetooth friendly, about to receive it,
Hopefully will work.

My main question is regarding my key remote, I have two,
i think they come with a remote
Starter? Either way none of them work, I put new battery and tested frequency which were good, cant seem to program it
Not sure what to do, someone local to me said Id need to change my defective tpms
Sensor first? (2 of the 4 arent giving any respond). Any idea?
Also, are the pp trunk suppose to lift up with the remote? Or they only open manually with you raising them up?

Ill share
Some pictures on this thread within the week

Hey, I also bought 2016 PPV recently and I'm doing some DIY things here and there
I had 5 keys with my PPV but none of them have a remote starter. I do have a Bluetooth option.
I think there are 2 trunk gate versions w/power lift cylinder (part number 84306929) and without power ( part number 23496534)
mine is without power so I'm thinking if I can install w/ power somehow

OP
OP
M

Mighted1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah power trunk install would be awesome, pretty sure all 2016 come with the remote controller icon that make a circle with an arrow, i have to bring mine to the dealer for programmation see if it will work, i just installed the new aftermarket headlight and dropped the car t get the 12.1 screen, hopefully it will be functionnal

keep me updated on your research and progress:). I will post picture soon

we also painted the roof fabric and trim in black since they were all dirty and damaged

ATX 14

Reaction score
I bought my 2016 PPV brand new and it came with remote start. Mine didn’t come with an automated trunk gate. With my key fob I have to hit the lock button first then hold down the button that has the circular symbol on it. You may know this already so disregard if you do. I know you can find a website where you can enter your vin and it will show what your vehicle options were new.

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2016 PPV brand new and it came with remote start. Mine didn’t come with an automated trunk gate. With my key fob I have to hit the lock button first then hold down the button that has the circular symbol on it. You may know this already so disregard if you do. I know you can find a website where you can enter your vin and it will show what your vehicle options were new.

How's your PPV suspension? Mine rides like a sick donkey, after a whole day driving I feel like a need to take a Tylenol

ATX 14

Reaction score
I love the stiff suspension and how well it handles. With that said, my work vehicle is a 2012 SSV which has stiff suspension as well so maybe I’m accustomed to the harsher ride. I can certainly understand those that find the ride not ideal.

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the stiff suspension and how well it handles. With that said, my work vehicle is a 2012 SSV which has stiff suspension as well so maybe I’m accustomed to the harsher ride. I can certainly understand those that find the ride not ideal.

Do you have Z56 suspension or ZW7? Mine is Z56, too rough...

OP
OP
M

Mighted1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How's your PPV suspension? Mine rides like a sick donkey, after a whole day driving I feel like a need to take a Tylenol

Lmfao,
On highway it not too bad, but I live in a new domain with no pavment yet, when coming back or leaving home,
This stretch is pure nightmare, I dont think ive driven something that stiff in my life, Think you need to swap the whole
Shock strut spring to be able to smooth it a bit, not sure softer spring fit the PPV shock/strut

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmfao,
On highway it not too bad, but I live in a new domain with no pavment yet, when coming back or leaving home,
This stretch is pure nightmare, I dont think ive driven something that stiff in my life, Think you need to swap the whole
Shock strut spring to be able to smooth it a bit, not sure softer spring fit the PPV shock/strut

I'm having some debate in my head,
1. Get stock spring coils and shocks from parted out Tahoe LT
OR
2. Just get spring coils from parted out Tahoe and new Bilstein shocks

Mine on the highway after 70 feels like in a small car when you crossing a bridge in a small car during severe side wind

OP
OP
M

Mighted1987

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having some debate in my head,
1. Get stock spring coils and shocks from parted out Tahoe LT
OR
2. Just get spring coils from parted out Tahoe and new Bilstein shocks

Mine on the highway after 70 feels like in a small car when you crossing a bridge in a small car during severe side wind

yeah, it actually feel bumpy and tend to bounce from side to side on bump, Im not sure ill get used to it, but not feeling putting 1500 into suspension as ive already put alots of stuff to make this truck look better, id need some expert to chime in to suggest what exactly would be best bang for the bucks with maybe retaining a little drop too. Lets
Me know your process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14