Bought a 2002 Yukon XL K2500 8.1 liter 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MPDano

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man. Time to flush everything really well. I'd get a trans cool 40k and just bypass the rad.

What a bummer! You replaced the rad and trans fluid/filters just last year. What rad did you get? I'll be staying away from that brand.

It's a Spectra from Autozone. I think you are right about just bypassing the radiator trans cooler. This was ********. Anyways, got the warranty replacement radiator and installed it. I'll get both trans and cooling system flushed out by the same place as they do great work. I already started a claim at Autozone as I'm not forking over that flushing bill. I got all my documentation and it's small Claims Court if they deny it.

OP
OP
MPDano

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What costs so much?

Flush of both trans and cooling system. Cooling system first with simple green to get rid of all the trans fluid in it. They couldn't re-circulate the trans fluid thru the flush machine since it was contaminated with coolant, they used new fluid. Both systems drained after cleaning. Trans filled back up with Amsoil and a new Filter. Coolant system filled with Dex Cool and new thermostat.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Wow, expensive. Hopefully you're going to be reimbursed, but don't hold your breath. They're going to drag it out and fight you tooth and nail.

OP
OP
MPDano

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, expensive. Hopefully you're going to be reimbursed, but don't hold your breath. They're going to drag it out and fight you tooth and nail.

Yeah. I'm ready for it if it happens to go that way. Got plenty of proof to go to court if need be.

OP
OP
MPDano

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, forgot about my thread. Anyways to follow up with Autozone. They didn't want to reimburse me so I went to Small Claims Court and won. They didn't pay on time so I had the Sheriffs Dept collect directly from their Register. Assholes deserved it and wish I could have been there to see the Managers and Customers faces as they did it.

Anyways, trans and rad have been holding up after the repairs a year later. Got a slight slip on takeoff but it's not consistent. Also, have a slight miss I can feel upon acceleration. Going to do a tune up and see if that resolves the miss. If I accelerate too fast, I get a check light that disappears usually on the next start up. Need to sort these things out before the next towing trip.

I actually came back to my old thread hopefully documenting the spark plug number, but I guess I didn't so I'll pull one and grab them at Napa, as well as a new air filter. I never replaced the plug wires, so debating replacing them as well. I remember pulling the spark plug boots and they have metal boot and were a ***** to pull, is there a special GM overpriced tool to use outside of jacking my hands up again, lol.

OP
OP
MPDano

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Success! Misfiring is gone. 2 of my rear passenger plugs looked real bad. Anyways, replaced 8 plugs, new spark plug wires, new air filter and even my 2 cabin air filter (which were original to the Yukon, yuck). Gave the MAF a nice cleaning as well as the Throttle Body.

She now runs super smooth all the way up to freeway speeds.20180704_125402.jpg 20180704_132008.jpg 20180704_132011.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts