Bought a 2002 Yukon XL K2500 8.1 liter 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zigger21

Reaction score
That would be one hell of a hunting vehicle. Put a Big Game Boy on the hitch to haul around your game. They make them big enough to carry a moose and with that 8.1 L and if you jack it up and put some big tires, you could drive up to the moose. Field Dress it put it on the game boy and your on your way with not much work at all besides dragging it onto the the tail hitch game carrier. Roll it onto a tarp and drag it onto the carrier

OP
OP
MPDano

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be one hell of a hunting vehicle. Put a Big Game Boy on the hitch to haul around your game. They make them big enough to carry a moose and with that 8.1 L and if you jack it up and put some big tires, you could drive up to the moose. Field Dress it put it on the game boy and your on your way with not much work at all besides dragging it onto the the tail hitch game carrier. Roll it onto a tarp and drag it onto the carrier

That would be cool, but not much moose hunting in San Diego :superhack:

Zigger21

Reaction score
I wanted to tell you they have new leather seats that match yours because they match mine and they are easy to wrap the leather after you remove the old cracked seats plus you could add more foam so they are like new. If your interested let me know Ill give you the Ebay # for the front driver and passenger new leather seat covers. Plus Ill look for the back seat for you to. Plus you could get All Black Leather with Red GMC on the head rest for Front, rear, and third seat which would look killer. For the original bottom seats in the front is Ebay # 252581992716 Driver Bottom and Passenger Bottom Ebay # 252581992280. I can find everything you need under $1000 for everything if you want me too. I love the truck and I would love to see it resurrected. Take Care. Jonathan

Last edited:
OP
OP
MPDano

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to tell you they have new leather seats that match yours because they match mine and they are easy to wrap the leather after you remove the old cracked seats plus you could add more foam so they are like new. If your interested let me know Ill give you the Ebay # for the front driver and passenger new leather seat covers. Plus Ill look for the back seat for you to. Plus you could get All Black Leather with Red GMC on the head rest for Front, rear, and third seat which would look killer. For the original bottom seats in the front is Ebay # 252581992716 Driver Bottom and Passenger Bottom Ebay # 252581992280. I can find everything you need under $1000 for everything if you want me too. I love the truck and I would love to see it resurrected. Take Care. Jonathan

Yeah, when I get the spare cash, I will do the drivers seat back and bottom/seat back on the passengers side. I got the drivers seat bottom replaced from a matching color leather cover off ebay months ago. It was in terrible shape when I bought the truck. I'll use the same seller.

Zigger21

Reaction score
To do the front and back seats in the front would cost $450 dollars if you work with them. The same in the Bucket seats in the back. The Third seat was a little more than I though it was $550. But If I were you I would pull all the seats re carpet the floor front to back and then install the seats reupholstered and if the roof line is good your good to go. Im sorry if Im a nuisance but I like helping when I can.

OP
OP
MPDano

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a brand new radiator. Put a lower temp thermostat (180) and new belts. Not a leak in sight. Temps on tranny and coolant are nice now. Flushed and filled with Dex-Cool as the PO had the green stuff in it.

Ughhhhhh. ATF in my coolant reservoir and it started to overflow. Trans cooler inside the radiator must have cracked. She never got hot. Not happy at all.

20170201_125720.jpg 20170201_125727.jpg 20170201_125735.jpg 20170201_125739.jpg 20170201_125749.jpg

mmeachem

Reaction score

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ughhhhhh. ATF in my coolant reservoir and it started to overflow. Trans cooler inside the radiator must have cracked. She never got hot. Not happy at all.

View attachment 73829 View attachment 73830 View attachment 73831 View attachment 73832 View attachment 73833

Oh man. Time to flush everything really well. I'd get a trans cool 40k and just bypass the rad.

What a bummer! You replaced the rad and trans fluid/filters just last year. What rad did you get? I'll be staying away from that brand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MPDano

MPDano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely not good, hopefully a speedy recovery and doesn't hurt the pockets too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Spent half the day removing the radiator. Dropped it off at the autozone, which needs to be ordered. Will reinstall and have it towed to the shop to get the trans and cooling system flushed and re-filled. Already started a claim with autozone on this. My Yukon was doing so beautifully until this. Never overheated, both engine and trans even on trailer hauling.

The only good thing about this, is that I now have the time to install the Derale trans cooler that I bought 2 months ago and hook it up to my existing factory cooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14