Borla VS Magnaflow Catback - Longevity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanna get an exhaust for my truck (6.2L Denali), and keep going back and fourth between Borla or Magnaflow.

I wanna keep it quiet, inside and out, so Corsa is out. It's gotta last long too.

Yes, in the future, I may add Headers, or even Supercharge it.

Borla - 304 Stainless, same as GM Performance Exhaust...BUT...uses piping that's smaller than OE, for the whole system, I don't like that.

Magnaflow - Maintains OE piping diameter, same Muffler / Resonator Configuration as OE...BUT...409 Stainless.

The 304 VS 409 is what's keeping me stuck. I'm out on Long Island, live on the Water, and well, just the Air alone is Salty enough to make things rust. Not mentioning the amount of Salt they use in the Winter, and the flooding that happens for no reason, making your truck look like someone threw Table Salt all over it, when it dries.
Fellow "Wrong islander here too" Not a Chevy owner here yet.... you right about the salt and the Acid they put on the roads.... just corrosive though.. You sound like you're on the south shore... every week on News 12 they're reporting on the flooding your way.. Good luck with everything..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9