Borla exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2manycars4me

Reaction score
Taking the plunge and ordered the GM Borla exhaust. Found a place about $400 cheaper with tips than a dealer could offer. I should get some shipping data on Monday and then plan on putting it on. Can't wait to test it out.

gdfein

Reaction score
Following. Pls post results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part number is the same from Borla and GM. The only difference I found was it doesn't come with tips from GM. Most places I've looked are about $200 less then from GM. I'm going Borla for my Escalade. Don't know if I want the sport or touring system. Did you or are you planning on doing a CAI also?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok still waiting for one with a 3.5" pipe to match the 6.2L engines. Not sure why they haven't done it yet! It's available for their 6.2 trucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called and asked them why the pick up exhaust is 3.5" and the SUV is only 3" I was told it for sound inside the SUV vs under the pick up bed. Something with the muffler size and air velocity.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called and asked them why the pick up exhaust is 3.5" and the SUV is only 3" I was told it for sound inside the SUV vs under the pick up bed. Something with the muffler size and air velocity.

Yeah, either way I can't bring myself to constrict my airflow further just to make the exhaust sound a bit meaner...

Really sucks because I'd love to drop in a throatier exhaust!

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, either way I can't bring myself to constrict my airflow further just to make the exhaust sound a bit meaner...

Really sucks because I'd love to drop in a throatier exhaust!

Have you seen the inside of the stock muffler? The stock exhaust may be 3.5" but you can't even shine light through it. So with the Borla being 3" with a "free flow" muffler it kinda makes sense that the truck would breathe better. Yes the Magnaflow and Gibson come 3.5" but I'm not a fan of how they sound or look.

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part number is the same from Borla and GM. The only difference I found was it doesn't come with tips from GM. Most places I've looked are about $200 less then from GM. I'm going Borla for my Escalade. Don't know if I want the sport or touring system. Did you or are you planning on doing a CAI also?

So the GM exhaust stays hidden under the truck like stock vs Borla you get some chrome tips?

If you go touring, I'd be interested in how you find noise/drone from 60-90mph on the highway

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the inside of the stock muffler? The stock exhaust may be 3.5" but you can't even shine light through it. So with the Borla being 3" with a "free flow" muffler it kinda makes sense that the truck would breathe better. Yes the Magnaflow and Gibson come 3.5" but I'm not a fan of how they sound or look.

To each their own. Until I see something that actually proves there isn't power LOSS by going to a smaller pipe, I'm passing. They do sound nice though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33