Borla exhaust letting off rattle at medium-heavy acceleration VIDEO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denali17gmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Went through GM dealer and got the Borla exhaust for my 2017 Denali 6.2. I'm getting this rattle(woodpecker) sound when at a medium to heavy acceleration for a few seconds.
Any ideas?

I've gotten under the truck and the exhaust seems to be secured properly so it leads me to believe its within the actual muffler...

OP
OP
D

denali17gmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How many miles since you installed the exhaust?

I'd say just under and thousand. Got a reply from borla today and they think it's a failing valve. Representative said they should be replacing it under the warranty, just waiting on their reply after I sent them over the original invoices.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the s type on my Escalade. It was loud and uneven sounding I called them and they told me to go beat on the truck to break it in and season it. It's sounded great ever since. Good luck with yours.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the s type on my Escalade. It was loud and uneven sounding I called them and they told me to go beat on the truck to break it in and season it. It's sounded great ever since. Good luck with yours.
My dealer install my S-type on my Denali today and the sound is amazing it feels like a race car wow.
:happy160:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the one on the gmc accessory page touring or sport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the one on the gmc accessory page touring or sport?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No is not in the touring or sport package is just one more accessory is worth every penny.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oooooo my bad S-Type

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel