Boosted 6.2 Folks...Few questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommyb80

Reaction score
Looking for some honest feedback from those that have boosted 6.2's and daily drive them. If or when I purchase an XL, it will likely get some sort of power adder such as a Whipple or Procharger. This truck would be daily driven and occasional super light towing. Maintenance wise, you just keep up on oil changes with the truck and the supercharger, correct?

Any help would be apprecaited!

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Tom,

The 6.2 on the Escalade is not boosted. It does have full exhaust, headeres, CAI, and a tune. It runs (and sounds) awesome. All things considered, the 6.2 is very impressive. I do have a supercharged 5.3 that is driven close to daily outside of presently due to shelter in place and awaiting word to head back to work.

Regular oil changes to both the motor and the supercharger is correct in addition to regular routine inspections of the belts, listening for noises etc. The supercharged SIlverado is fun to drive. I am still having lots of fun with it.

20190522_202341.jpg

OP
OP
Tommyb80

Tommyb80

Reaction score
Awesome thanks Juan. My old Mustang Cobra was supercharged and was a blast to drive. I'd be coming from a 6.7 Powerstroke that's tuned/deleted and has a slightly larger turbo. Plus I can't leave anything alone!

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are welcome Tom. Understand and can very much relate to not leaving anything alone. Every vehicle that I own and have ever owned has been moded. I have a cam for the Silverado that is on standby when it comes time to update the engine. Here's a pic of the engine bay soon after the install when I was up in the PNW. Notice what I did with the valve covers when I was unable to find a suitable aftermarket set for my set up.

Electric fans are on the list of things to change when I am back to work.

The weather and conditions in Louisiana have put a bit of a toll on the engine compartment but nothing I can bring back to where it was or better. I have begun to slowly gather more parts in preparation for when am I done with my assignment and back go back home.

20150710_172613.jpeg

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a supercharged 5.3 in my '15 burb.

as Juan mentioned regular oil chgs & visual maintenance.
you will also need a tune for motor & trans.

i like BlackBear (BBP), find someone you trust.

i have already pullied my down a few times.its a hoot to drive

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to add aftermarket supercharges on my SUV's, problem is if I didn't remove them selling was hard, and on a trade some dealerships didn't want to touch it not matter how few miles were on it, so this time I purchased one with the supercharger already installed with WARRANTY, from Callaway, and I am really happy with the truck, and would buy another one for sure.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Tom - My daily driver is a 2019 Callaway Yukon Denali. I don't know for certain, but suspect that the Callaway supercharger is a derivitive of the one made by Edelbrock. The Callaway unit requires no oil changes (so they say) and I change the Mobile 1 oil in my engine when the oil change monitor approaches 50%. The set-up is pretty bullet-proof but the engine is definitely much smoother with power when over about 2500 RPM. Below that it's sometimes hard to be smooth as the boost can come in and out.

OP
OP
Tommyb80

Tommyb80

Reaction score
How many miles on your current truck? Do you daily drive it?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Tom - My daily driver is a 2019 Callaway Yukon Denali. I don't know for certain, but suspect that the Callaway supercharger is a derivitive of the one made by Edelbrock. The Callaway unit requires no oil changes (so they say) and I change the Mobile 1 oil in my engine when the oil change monitor approaches 50%. The set-up is pretty bullet-proof but the engine is definitely much smoother with power when over about 2500 RPM. Below that it's sometimes hard to be smooth as the boost can come in and out.

pretty sure its magnuson. vs edelbrock

or at least mine is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu