Boost gauge installed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
damn ya'll with the email... how is anyone supposed to learn without asking questions that make us sound completely stupid!!!

Anyways, VERY nice JK... what is in that location in the 01 models? thats where my tranny dummy light is and i think some other dummy light as well... should the day come when i get a bit of boost into the motor, i think i may just end up using a gauge bar on the A pillar...

Some folks are not always happy with the suggestions given, so I resort to email when giving opinions :hands:

You can email me too if you like :kiss1:

EDIT: I have my gauges on the A-pillar as they are right in my field of view while driving. I have the 2 pod and Justin has the 3.

As for the tranny, really, you are better off beefing up a 60 or a 65 than going with a stock 80. You need the upgraded hardened parts for the higher HP.

Last edited:

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yea, i just hate asking questions becuase it highlights the fact that i dont know what the **** i am doing... lol

but im still a long ways off from F.I. anyways so no biggie

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyways, VERY nice JK... what is in that location in the 01 models? thats where my tranny dummy light is and i think some other dummy light as well... should the day come when i get a bit of boost into the motor, i think i may just end up using a gauge bar on the A pillar...

Thanks bro.
That's the location for the trans temp gauage which comes in HD models, Denalis, and Escalades.

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deff diggin the location... I am not a fan of pillar pods due to the ricer community.

CodeB4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's ******* awesome. I love it.

What other gauge are you going to be installing? If none, why a boost gauge instead of something more "oh shit that needle shouldn't be at that point" type gauge? I mean yeah you can see the PSI, but at the same time... your butt will tell you when your in boost.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's ******* awesome. I love it.

What other gauge are you going to be installing? If none, why a boost gauge instead of something more "oh shit that needle shouldn't be at that point" type gauge? I mean yeah you can see the PSI, but at the same time... your butt will tell you when your in boost.

I'm going to be installing a a/f gauge also. I got the boost gauge so that I can get an accurate pressure reading when swapping pulleys. Plus it looks cool:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345