Bolt torque for front seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what I should torque the front seat bolts back down to when I reinstall them?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tight. I use a breaker bar but don't over-do it.

B

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the same in my buddy's Mustang. We made them ratchet tight (as in couldnt turn anymore) then did a breaker bar probably 1/8-1/4 turn

shoop

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the torque specs above?

When I went to remove the nuts in the front it felt like the nut closest to center console was barely torqued down compared to outer nut.

Also, the front nuts felt tighter than rear bolts too.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your seat bolts/nuts probably felt different because they were zipped on at the factory with an air ratchet or nut driver. Precise torque not needed.

The above mentioned values sound right to me.

Generally, listed torque values are standard based off fastener size, unless its something more special like headbolts.

shoop

Reaction score
Thanks!!! Good info. I was messing with the yellow one hopefully nothing happened.

I did try sliding out a thin piece of plastic but not sure if that completely takes safety clip off. I tried disconnecting but nothing budged

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!! Good info. I was messing with the yellow one hopefully nothing happened.

I did try sliding out a thin piece of plastic but not sure if that completely takes safety clip off. I tried disconnecting but nothing budged
where the small red arrow is push that little orange tab in the middle and the orange piece will slide off, then once that is off push the yellow tab where the large red arrow is then pull the harness apart, same process for the grey and black one, usually they are tight and may need to be wiggled a lot to separate them.
reassembly is the reverse, push the harness back together then put the little clip on the very end that keeps it from accidentally coming apart.

TAB.jpg