Body plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smart ass here,

The posting says body plug Not *********! Lol

Where do you all get the body plugs for the roof holes in the trucks? Really only need a few, as I’m sure I’ll fugg up the 1st one or 3!

I’m finally getting the chance to run my Sirrrus XM antenna in the truck. I have one hole in the roof towards the back above the interior light for the cargo area.

They used what looks like washers with a copper screw in it, like an expanding plug on my sail boat for a hull drain.

Obviously can’t re use that once I run the wire thru for the antenna.

Thanks.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Have you looked in the "Help" section in the parts store? All kinds of sizes there.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked in the "Help" section in the parts store? All kinds of sizes there.

Tony,

I have not, wasn’t sure if it’s a special order part or not. Going past a Napa here in a bit, will stop in there. Thanks

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Tony,

I have not, wasn’t sure if it’s a special order part or not. Going past a Napa here in a bit, will stop in there. Thanks
They might have the size you need. If not, you could probably also check a store that sells supplies to body shops.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a shop in P-burg NJ that sells paint and body supplies, will head over there later on today.

Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smart ass here,

The posting says body plug Not *********! Lol

Where do you all get the body plugs for the roof holes in the trucks? Really only need a few, as I’m sure I’ll fugg up the 1st one or 3!

I’m finally getting the chance to run my Sirrrus XM antenna in the truck. I have one hole in the roof towards the back above the interior light for the cargo area.

They used what looks like washers with a copper screw in it, like an expanding plug on my sail boat for a hull drain.

Obviously can’t re use that once I run the wire thru for the antenna.

Thanks.
you can put it inside under the dash plastic and it will work just fine, it does not have to be roof mounted

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, you're in NJ? Me too lol. I'd be surprised if your lical Napa doesn't carry them.

Tony,

Im in Easton, PA, a hole whopping 3.7 miles from the borda! Lafayette College is about a mile from my house. I’ll check the other Napa tomorrow, got a firewall plug from advanced auto, looks to fit, will see how it works tonight once it cools down a bit

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can put it inside under the dash plastic and it will work just fine, it does not have to be roof mounted

I tried putting the antenna on the dash, keeps loosing signal every time I go under a tree! Put it on the roof by the drivers door and it doesn’t loose signal. Either it’s the metal plate in my head (joking) or..

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your looking to add the SirusXM antenna, I slapped it on top towards the rear, then feed it through the 3rd brake light gasket and routed it to the front.

below are some photos I just took. Sorry the Tahoe is in the garage as I’m doing some body work and the photos look bad.

not for nothing, but I hated all the holes on the roof. Decided to drop the headliner and patch them with Those adhesive 3M body patches, then used Dolphin Glaze, paint and clear. Also gave me an opportunity to Use sound deadening On the entire roof.

173EA70A-1B48-4FBD-9F99-A7A33559647C.jpeg
2E9E86E8-1D70-415E-A87F-8D0669CB36FF.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu