Boat Speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to do 2 or more 8" tower speakers in pods for a external sound system. However I don't want to have to have 4+ switches for all my amps, and for my main switch panel I don't have enough space for it. I plan on doing a single bridged 4 channel for them. How would you all suggest I run this setup?

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just one switch for the remote amp turn on? Wire them together or off a busbar, through a relay if needed. Could put a switch on the relay ground. Basing my answer off having a little trouble picturing the setup.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw the guys on Texas Metal do a nice set up in the bed of a truck that was removable

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The idea is I'd like a extra 4 channel amp connected to my other amps via a RCA distribution block or otherwise. I have a high power system so it wouldn't be ideal to be playing everything at once with the motor not running. I'd like to be able to just play music off of the amp for the outside speakers without the speakers inside playing. Hope that explains, its hard to explain because I don't know exactly how I'd do it.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The idea is I'd like a extra 4 channel amp connected to my other amps via a RCA distribution block or otherwise. I have a high power system so it wouldn't be ideal to be playing everything at once with the motor not running. I'd like to be able to just play music off of the amp for the outside speakers without the speakers inside playing. Hope that explains, its hard to explain because I don't know exactly how I'd do it.

I would just run two wires off the remote turn on wire (the blue with white stripe) from the factory wiring harness. Run each wire to a different relay. You can run an on/off switch on the relay's ground wire to control the two setups separately. Then just run the relays to your two different speaker setups for the remote amp wire. From each relay's power side, you can run a busbar, or just a connector if you have more than one amp. The worst case you would be running your external speakers off your amp, and running factory head unit powered speakers on the inside, but you could turn off the internal amp, or separately control the external amps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts