Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made it to TN.. transport mode really sucks. Hate how the tahoe looks, but gives me a reason to put some effort into it.

At the same time, someone swiped the side of the tahoe after I pulled it off the transport and parked it in the hotel lot while I unloaded and returned everyrhing... only paint damage to the flate that attaches to the rear passenger door so not a huge deal, but ******** that they didn't bother leaving a note. Oh well.... enough ******** on the plate, ill just fix it on my own later.

Next projects are as follows

- Fix the stance/wheel width. Cant keep up this "skipped leg day look".

- Install a clas 5 hitch receiver. Found it on etrailer.com for 150 shipped and its got a tongue weight rating of 2400 lbs... so the bike carrier is sure to be fine now.

- Run the lines for the helper bag setup and figure out the air fittings and all that crap.

- Finish HD Denali front bumper build and install.

Then it goes for a wash and vacuuming.

20200528_142113.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made it to TN.. transport mode really sucks. Hate how the tahoe looks, but gives me a reason to put some effort into it.

At the same time, someone swiped the side of the tahoe after I pulled it off the transport and parked it in the hotel lot while I unloaded and returned everyrhing... only paint damage to the flate that attaches to the rear passenger door so not a huge deal, but ******** that they didn't bother leaving a note. Oh well.... enough ******** on the plate, ill just fix it on my own later.

Next projects are as follows

- Fix the stance/wheel width. Cant keep up this "skipped leg day look".

- Install a clas 5 hitch receiver. Found it on etrailer.com for 150 shipped and its got a tongue weight rating of 2400 lbs... so the bike carrier is sure to be fine now.

- Run the lines for the helper bag setup and figure out the air fittings and all that crap.

- Finish HD Denali front bumper build and install.

Then it goes for a wash and vacuuming.

View attachment 249615
That sucks, I had someone do that same to mine at work a few months ago. At least you have the skills to fix yours. Mines still fu**ed up. Glad you made it there ok though.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks, I had someone do that same to mine at work a few months ago. At least you have the skills to fix yours. Mines still fu**ed up. Glad you made it there ok though.
Oh I was irritated to high hell. Even found the car that did it, since I had the broken piece of their taillight that was sitting next to my car. After seeing the car, and the temp plate that expired in April, I knew it was pointless to try and force a fix so I just left a note in hopes they would do the right thing... they didn't. Go figure.

Oh well, ill just continue fixing this thing as I go. Now if there was structural damage that I couldn't fix, then I would have been calling the cops. Lol

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2. Even though it sucks, I’m jealous of your skills to fix those things!

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2. Even though it sucks, I’m jealous of your skills to fix those things!
It's just sand paper and paint lol. Ill fix it when I do the front bumper since that piece just pops off.

But honestly, this whole truck needs a replay at this point. Good thing I'm back in the land that has people I know that do some dern good work without charging an arm and a leg... a respray of the same color in Seattle started at $10k... thats ridiculous when I have seen full custom work with a shitton of airbrushing run that much down here.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HEY--We never heard about that. Did we??
I don’t think I even took a pic or mentioned it. It really pissed me off and I kind of wanted to not think about it. Still don’t. But I’ll post a pic in my build thread I guess. It actually pushed the metal in a bit but I think I can access the inside, it’s right by the rear tail light. I think I’ll try to massage it out and do some buffing, might make it less noticeable.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I don’t think I even took a pic or mentioned it. It really pissed me off and I kind of wanted to not think about it. Still don’t. But I’ll post a pic in my build thread I guess. It actually pushed the metal in a bit but I think I can access the inside, it’s right by the rear tail light. I think I’ll try to massage it out and do some buffing, might make it less noticeable.
That sux! I'd want to literally kill somebody if they did that to mine.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And today i threw the new class 5 hitch I picked up from wtrailer.com for $150 shipped... heres the link, though its listed at $212 now. *shrug*

Didn't realize it hung lower on the sides so I made some cuts... not terribly disappointed with how this looks lol. Plan to change it up in some way, though not really sure how.

20200612_171526.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14