Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after driving this around, here's my planned changes for the future (some distant, some not-so-distant)

1. new wheels. Going to run either a 23 or a 24x11 with a -24 offset (roughly). These will more than likely be a set of forged 3-piece wheels due to strength, weight, and to get the right offset/look I am going for.
2. Fenders will more than likely be glassed to be a seamless piece, then the current fenders cut out and simply used as bracing/skeleton. This way, I can make the appropriate clearance I need for turning the wider wheels and tires.
3. Rear quarters will get glassed as well. This will require pulling the window and builing everything into one piece, again, removing some of the sheetmetal that isn't necessary while still maintaining the strength.
4. Rear doors will get glassed to make it a seamless flare.
5. hood will be resprayed or replaced with a cowl. Don't really think I can justify the cowl hood until I get a little more power to the wheels, but we will see.
6. Front bumper will be finished at some point. Merging an HD cap with the Denali lower section.
7. Side skirts will be pulled and redone. Not exactly sure on the plan for that yet.

Doing this will also allow me to make the Tahoe a little wider. It's already somewhat wide, but for that "hot wheels" look, another inch or two on each side will really make it subtly outlandish. Also, as these are distant plans, it gives me the time to do the homework in order to make the fiberglassing process simple and as strong as the sheet metal it is replacing.

Again, these are just ideas I have in my head. Until then, I need to order sway bars to reduce the body roll and the little rear suspension extension bar things (name escapes me) to re-center the axle on the wheel well.

ridin_low07

Reaction score
Absolutely love this truck. Followed you on Instagram and sent you a friend request on Facebook lol. You're working magic on the Hoe. Way to go

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Y u no have side markers ?!!:yuno:

Or did we discuss this already ?

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, i have not logged in for a bit, forgive my transgressions. Also, I have recently found Bumbu Rum and this post may not make sense... it's so delicious.
Absolutely love this truck. Followed you on Instagram and sent you a friend request on Facebook lol. You're working magic on the Hoe. Way to go
i appreciate it. Haven't done anything with the Tahoe since these and just been racking up the miles. Picked up an 82 gs850 that im building into something... well, something, so i can park the Tahoe and ride when i move back to Tennessee. Plan is to park it for several months and put in some serious work to really push this thing further than i already have.

Y u no have side markers ?!!:yuno:

Or did we discuss this already ?
we may have. I never bothered to figure out the wiring so that i can run it as a third sequence, though i might have just thought of the way i could make it work..

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
So, i have not logged in for a bit, forgive my transgressions. Also, I have recently found Bumbu Rum and this post may not make sense... it's so delicious.
i appreciate it. Haven't done anything with the Tahoe since these and just been racking up the miles. Picked up an 82 gs850 that im building into something... well, something, so i can park the Tahoe and ride when i move back to Tennessee. Plan is to park it for several months and put in some serious work to really push this thing further than i already have.

we may have. I never bothered to figure out the wiring so that i can run it as a third sequence, though i might have just thought of the way i could make it work..
Where are you moving to in Tennessee?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
He’s secretly moving even farther away from me :bawl:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins