Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you using for the hatch ? Welding?
Had some filler plugs in there. Since I couldn't pull them out I decided to see if I could use them as a base for the body filler. If it doesn't hold then I'll just get it done, but it might work.
What you using for the hatch ? Welding?
Same answer but #notashowcar

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intrigued to see how this looks in the light... I have an unfinished garage sp the ceiling had a bunch of white lines on it making it difficult to tell if theres any uneven color. And I also got impatient on the hatch so I need to sell and that back down and start over with the paint... oh well. That's small and I have lots of time.

20190713_134557.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had some filler plugs in there. Since I couldn't pull them out I decided to see if I could use them as a base for the body filler. If it doesn't hold then I'll just get it done, but it might work.

Same answer but #notashowcar
My buddy who owns a body shop says with the fact that it's aluminum combined with the fact it gets slammed shut...welding is the only thing that holds otherwise after a year or three the filler will start to separate.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Well I guess a year or two from now he will have to get it welded lol

Everyone here is like ...just fill it in with bindi or fiberglass . I’m to the point where I’ll probably do the same. There’s no one here in AK who welds aluminum