Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, so I have the driver side fender cut up... just need two more slits and I can start shaping it and mount it up.

Then I will shape the new fender over the fuggered, yet structurally sound fender to push it out for clearance and do my plastic welding thing.

I have to do some shaping to the passenger fender to get the sheetmetal to sit where I want so it lines up nicely with the fender line, that shouldn't be too complicated.

I have the headlights ordered... el cheapo smoked lights off ebay since 1. they match the turns I have and 2. I will be cutting them up to mount the projectors in.

I have the paint, for at least the hood and maybe fenders on order, that should come in for next weekend.

Then it's just going to be some sanding and paint work to clean this up.

Didn't take any measurements on the Yukon headlights... I guess I should have done that... well, more so the grille.

Would anyone be able to measure grille at this point? Would give me a good idea where the bottom of the headlights sit when mounted...

30412380054_original.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, so I have the driver side fender cut up... just need two more slits and I can start shaping it and mount it up.

Then I will shape the new fender over the fuggered, yet structurally sound fender to push it out for clearance and do my plastic welding thing.

I have to do some shaping to the passenger fender to get the sheetmetal to sit where I want so it lines up nicely with the fender line, that shouldn't be too complicated.

I have the headlights ordered... el cheapo smoked lights off ebay since 1. they match the turns I have and 2. I will be cutting them up to mount the projectors in.

I have the paint, for at least the hood and maybe fenders on order, that should come in for next weekend.

Then it's just going to be some sanding and paint work to clean this up.

Didn't take any measurements on the Yukon headlights... I guess I should have done that... well, more so the grille.

Would anyone be able to measure grille at this point? Would give me a good idea where the bottom of the headlights sit when mounted...

View attachment 219614
Mine’s not the Denali, so I’m not 100% sure, but I think it’s the same length. Measured mine, and it’s right at 5” 414384be5f555fb4f745afa09ad0ec7f.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I finished a set of headlights for a friend, he kept going through aftermarket lights because the mounting spots on the back side break or crack. So I took the clear lens and swapped onto the factory style housing, seems to be a better quality. I’ve heard a few people have these issues. Just a heads up.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had some issues with the set I have on mine right now, I just plastic welded some bracing in there and added some SS mesh in others to strengthen it up.

Every time I build something, I give it some love taps to make sure it holds up to those massive potholes you never see until it's too late.

But I have the measurements and this is going to work!! Haven't seen anyone do it, or at least can't find it, which makes me happy. Yukon hood, fenders and headlights with an HD grille, bumper, and turn signals. In my head, it looks spiffy.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
I finished a set of headlights for a friend, he kept going through aftermarket lights because the mounting spots on the back side break or crack. So I took the clear lens and swapped onto the factory style housing, seems to be a better quality. I’ve heard a few people have these issues. Just a heads up.

Are the reflectors in the factory housings MSRs or are they the standard smooth parabolic reflector? 'Cause I didn't think the headlights would be effective on a parabolic without a diffuser lens.

Yeah, I had some issues with the set I have on mine right now, I just plastic welded some bracing in there and added some SS mesh in others to strengthen it up.

Every time I build something, I give it some love taps to make sure it holds up to those massive potholes you never see until it's too late.

But I have the measurements and this is going to work!! Haven't seen anyone do it, or at least can't find it, which makes me happy. Yukon hood, fenders and headlights with an HD grille, bumper, and turn signals. In my head, it looks spiffy.

It's like you're taking the vision right outta my head.... except I'm envisioning the HD hood along with it.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
@ArcticYukon my bad , we used the oem diffuser lens but swapped clear reflectors. I was thinking of another set I did right after. We did talk about using the crystal clear lens but I talked him out of it.

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And on top of this shit that's coming in, came across some Speed Engineering headers on Facebook and picked those up for a fair price. Won't do much, but I figured why not? Should give the hoopty a little more sound, but not too much to be annoying.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
And on top of this shit that's coming in, came across some Speed Engineering headers on Facebook and picked those up for a fair price. Won't do much, but I figured why not? Should give the hoopty a little more sound, but not too much to be annoying.
Brand new?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham