Blurred's 04 Tahoe Z71 build - Mr. Greenly Greenerson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
More work has been done, though it's going slow with family in town, painting a 3d printed baby Groot, and working on a drawing of a friends Colorado all while working on the tahoe's random parts as I go...

Anyway, changing the wheels a bit... going to be a gunmetal color when done. Also fixing the lip and changing up the transition a bit from the spoke to the rim. No one will ever notice...

View attachment 208572 View attachment 208573 View attachment 208574
You sir are an ar-teest!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want to see the Groot work. My son would get a kick out of that and now we have a better idea of the vision on the truck. Going back to the side skirts idea....nice work(s)., :)

OP
OP
blurred

blurred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the detail on the wheels!
I keep telling my wife it's the little things that count...

And right now, this is about how I feel:

367-kopiya-2.png

I just found a set of Bushwacker Extend-a-Fenders (40911-02) for a decent price. A little less than I was expecting to pay honestly.

So I bought them. I REALLY don't like the factory flare and how it has the flat top on it. Plus, the two flares just don't match with how much they stick out of the vehicle (front is wider) and so on and so on. Bunch of little details that I just don't like.

BUT I HAD TO HAVE A Z71!!!! Talk about regretting the purchase to an extent. :lol:

Anyway, based on some imaginary maths and not actually measuring anything in person (which worked out REALLY REALLY REALLY well for me on the last truck I built) I can run a 24x12 with a -44mm offset on a set of 315/35s and still tuck (or be close enough that I can reshape the flare a bit to tuck without rubbing).

Now, here's the issue I have. Turning those wheels and not hiting anything. I have no clue if that is even possible lol. I know I can cut and hit things, but I don't know if this is going to be something I can do, though running a Tahoe this low with lips that wide would look awesomely pointless.

Another option is to extend the control arms about 4 inches (guestimate maths) which will give me the width I want and the turning radius I know I can clear. I just don't know who out here I can go to to do the control arms.

I really want those deep dish wheels though. I like them.

AND IT WOULD ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE A HOTWHEEL!

So yeah. Now I have the front bumper I have to finish building and paint, yukon hoos that I need to extend and paint, rear bumper I have to paint, side skirts I have to fix and paint, wheels that I need to finish and paint and probably a lot of other things.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Start with desired offset wheel. Mount one and drive around the parking lot and see how much space you have and go from there. can be a cheap steel wheel and cheap tire. But at least know your limit is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14