Bluetooth calls turn into Robot sounds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottwottle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing their calls after about 5 minutes where one of the people on the call turns into robot like sounds?

brentj

Reaction score
YES so bad. I have to hang up on people and call them back. Before it was when I drove up to house and assume it rolled over to wifi? but today it was out and about. hope there's an update to fix

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check with your dealership about an update and make sure your phone is fully updated. being most vehicles basically have a computer in the dash anymore instead of just a radio it can periodically need updates. can be the particular device type your using isn't jiveing with the bt system and it needs an update. another thing ive noticed with the bt calls in my car is make sure the phone isnt too close to the hu. almost like the cell signal is interfering with the bt signal or something im not sure if thats possible. just noticed it has been better since i keep my phone in my coat pocket or the passenger seat not directly under it.

UrbaneE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is a constant problem on mine. About 50% of my calls do this and I have to hang up the call and restart it. This happens both wirelessly and with the lightening cable. My dealer has no answers for me.

UrbaneE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update. An update was pushed to my Truck. I accepted it and it said it would take 60 mins. I followed the instructions and the update failed. Screen said return to dealer. Returned it to dealer where they said they needed to replace the whole head unit. Now awaiting the new unit. Fingers crossed this fixes it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum