Bluetooth Airpods with Head unit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonedog

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but when there are 4 of us in the ride, we all like listening to different things. Is anyone aware of a way to connect your Airpods to the Yukon itself so I can listen to whatever's on my display? I'm not interested in listening to what's on the rear entertainment and I don't want to use my phone to control what I'm listening to.
Simply, can I wirelessly connect to the head unit and listen? I can't seem to find that ability to do it.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but when there are 4 of us in the ride, we all like listening to different things. Is anyone aware of a way to connect your Airpods to the Yukon itself so I can listen to whatever's on my display? I'm not interested in listening to what's on the rear entertainment and I don't want to use my phone to control what I'm listening to.
Simply, can I wirelessly connect to the head unit and listen? I can't seem to find that ability to do it.
While you are driving; or as a passenger? It’s illegal in my state to drive with headphones in both ears.

I don’t recall seeing anything in the owners manual which discusses what you are asking to do, nor anything in the settings. Theoretically from a hardware perspective it would be possible, but I don’t think the firmware to pull it off is there.

In my family, the driver gets choice of what comes out of the speakers…passengers can listen to that; or don headphones and listen to whatever they want.

For Reference:

Last edited:

Jellyfrosh

Reaction score
I've listened to bluetooth headphones while driving for my sleeping passengers' sake and when I linked my phone to the headphones it still displayed what I was listening to on the dash and I could use the steering wheel buttons to skip songs. Just have the headphones set as your primary source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17