Blue Printed 700HP 800HP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

66 Galaxie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that price just for the package I’ll buy a C7 for the weekends.

What we need is a good old fashioned Supercharger kit for $7-10k.

Ketzer

Reaction score
I've read some of the stuff from the Corvette forums about the new "unbreakable" ecu's and how complicated they are... I do not doubt persons waaaaay smarter than me saying it's impossible...BUT, there are also some pretty darn smart hot rodders out there that just looove a challenge.
I'm certain at some point someone will unlock the tuning on these and offer more reasonable kits. Wether it be through a piggyback system or a single use key. Granted these two companies have the GM blessing, but it also proves its not "impossible".

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read some of the stuff from the Corvette forums about the new "unbreakable" ecu's and how complicated they are... I do not doubt persons waaaaay smarter than me saying it's impossible...BUT, there are also some pretty darn smart hot rodders out there that just looove a challenge.
I'm certain at some point someone will unlock the tuning on these and offer more reasonable kits. Wether it be through a piggyback system or a single use key. Granted these two companies have the GM blessing, but it also proves its not "impossible".
And if they do, they will be locked out of passing emissions. They’ll fail due to the ecu tune file not being stock or from a known builder like Yenko. They’re already doing that now in Cali for all vehicles although I haven’t heard how well it’s going. Supposedly their testing stations have a way of checking the tune file to stock ones and if enough parameters are off, they fail.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if they do, they will be locked out of passing emissions. They’ll fail due to the ecu tune file not being stock or from a known builder like Yenko. They’re already doing that now in Cali for all vehicles although I haven’t heard how well it’s going. Supposedly their testing stations have a way of checking the tune file to stock ones and if enough parameters are off, they fail.
This is the primary reason why I will not buy a new one. I want the ability to physically delete the DFM system and tune the ECU accordingly. Once that becomes possible (if it ever does), then I will consider investing. I believe that at least in California, there is a process for tuners to get a CARB certification for their tune if they meet certain criteria. Perhaps that will someday be possible for these newest trucks, but if so I'll bet it will be expensive.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

With the amount of intelligence required to crack these new-generation ECU's, they are hopefully smart enough to be able to bypass the testing station check.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the amount of intelligence required to crack these new-generation ECU's, they are hopefully smart enough to be able to bypass the testing station check.
Yeah Volkswagen did that, remember? And how did that work out for them when they got caught? :jester:

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Volkswagen did that, remember? And how did that work out for them when they got caught? :jester:

OEM and aftermarket are completely different. Either way, with the EPA crackdown on tuning, they obviously don't care if they are cracking the ECU in the first place...so bypassing a emissions station check isn't going to matter much.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my guess is if nothing else some one will eventually just make there own plug-n-play ecu (copycat/reverse engineered) type of deal
for "off-road" use only of course. maybe even open-source so anyone could go in create there own tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts