Blue Dash light comes on after shutting off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kybob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, if it needs moved then please do so.
2004 Yukon 4x4 (all stock )
Problem is the blue ( led?) lights that come on when you start it ( the ones that scroll & says “driver one”) they come back on after shutting off ( after a few minutes ) doesn’t seem to matter if I lock with key fob or not.
When I open the door to start it , they go out ( after the scroll back and forth and the “driver one” displayed) truck starts and runs fine. When I hit the key fob to lock , the small red led blinks and all looks fine. Then after several minutes the row of blue leds come back on. If anyone could point me in the right direction , it would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all in advance
BoB

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, if it needs moved then please do so.
2004 Yukon 4x4 (all stock )
Problem is the blue ( led?) lights that come on when you start it ( the ones that scroll & says “driver one”) they come back on after shutting off ( after a few minutes ) doesn’t seem to matter if I lock with key fob or not.
When I open the door to start it , they go out ( after the scroll back and forth and the “driver one” displayed) truck starts and runs fine. When I hit the key fob to lock , the small red led blinks and all looks fine. Then after several minutes the row of blue leds come back on. If anyone could point me in the right direction , it would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all in advance
BoB
might be some kind of short in the cluster, where you would look to fix that I have no idea. whenever I have had cluster issue's I either take it to a repair person or just buy another cluster, some places online offer a exchange policy where you buy a rebuilt one and then send you cluster back to them and get a credit back for it.

OP
OP
K

kybob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Never heard of silver migration. Reading up on it now. Thank you all again. I’ll also check the grounds and may go ahead and replace the battery ( still starts ok, but is 5 years old )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu