Blinkers flashing quickly.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, trying to help a friend out here with a suburban (‘17 ish). The right side blinkers started blinking fast for them. The bulbs are all good.

Anyone aware of why it may be blinking fast like there is burnt out bulb?

I could not pull anything up with the search feature about this, so thinking it is not very common.

Thanks!

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if this vehicle has had LED bulbs added? Ask him if he has changed the factory bulbs to LEDS or just pull one and check it.................Some systems will need a resistor added in order to make the LED bulb work properly consistently with the system, which is measuirng current flow and a LED bulb draws much less amperage and confuses the system into thinking a bulb is out because there is not enough amp draw in the circuit.

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Has the factory bulbs in it still. They all work.

There is a message that pops up on the dash too (cant remember what is reads though).

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“Right rear indicator failure” is the message that pops up. I googled that and am getting all sorts of feedback. I will scan through those threads....

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont know if these vehicle have them but in the past there use to be a flasher relay somewhere inline with the power/fuse and the bulb

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably fixed now but if it has all factory bulbs and it has not been "collision repaired" I would probably go ahead and change out ALL bulbs in the right rear? That would give you the best chance at a quick easy repair..........................

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be covered under warranty if less than 36K on the odometer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts