Blend door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sofi09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning all
I’ve searched this over and over. On my 2009 Tahoe PPV
My passenger side controls will not change from cold to hot. I’ve replaced the blend door on the passenger side by the feet but that seems to control the driver side which has always worked well.
I understand there is a second one behind the radio? Can anyone pinpoint that down a little before I pull the dash apart today?
And my rear controls aren’t moving any air. What controls that flow?
Thank you all in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sofi09

Sofi09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you again

OP
OP
Sofi09

Sofi09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the rear not moving any air?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rear could be the blower motor resistor, that is all behind the passenger side rear kick panel, to get the kick panel off you have to remove the rear trim pieces. starting with the center top trim at the very end of the headliner, then remove the bottom piece at the tailgate, then you can pull the passenger rear corner piece off then you will be able to pull the side panel off.

islandguy85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am dealing with this issue as well and has been frustrating. I replaced the blend door on the passenger side under the kick panel because my passenger side was occasionally blowing hot while on AC. I replaced it and now passenger is cold and driver is warm all the time when on AC. Also replaced the mode door actuator (probably didn’t have to) and no change. It seems there maybe another blend door actuator somewhere under the dash but I havent been able to find instructions and cannot visualize it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have tried calibrating with GM tec 2 computer and doesnt help

2007 chevy tahoe LTZ with full length console in place. Ready to get this resolved! Thanks in advance.

islandguy85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update. Realized that I replaced the lower with the wrong part. Fit perfect, looked identical but prong config was different. Also have the airbag pulled (really easy other than being very nervous about handling an airbag) as instructed in the video above in the thread and pulled the two others. All three have same part number and I have 3 aftermarket ones on the way for $19 a piece. Shouldn’t be too difficult to throw them in on Saturday and fingers crossed it resolves the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu