BlackBear tune, still not right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PunisherZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i got a tune, z71 Tahoe 5.3 thing is in great shape. It feels like it has no power what so ever. I told bb about it they said change Maf so I did, it still isn't right

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year? Any other mods? Who at BB told you that? After you swapped it, did you let them know it didn't fix it? Did they tell you to go away and not bother them?

Are you saying this to get help on this issue, or just to bash BlackBear?

I'm sure Justin and Jenna are able to try and help... @JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nathan hit it on the head. Have you let the guys know? Sounds like there is something else going on, they are more than happy to help, if you let them know what your issues are.

Sent from my fone.

AllStock

Reaction score
Yeah def need to communicate back and forth with them. ive been bac and forth tweaking small things here and there witu my tune from them

Love their support and willingness to keep going back and forth

OP
OP
P

PunisherZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did tell them that it still was not right after 2 weeks still no answer, I'm will not nor I want to bash them I would like some help with the problem tho.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did tell them that it still was not right after 2 weeks still no answer, I'm will not nor I want to bash them I would like some help with the problem tho.
That doesn't sound right, what email are you sending from?

Shorties and a muffler won't net you any performance gains...but you should feel a difference with a tune.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Major problem areas to look into:

-dirty MAF
-faulty MAF
-dirty throttle body
-poor fuel
-bad plugs

Also, did you have a traditional, scan cable or AutoCal? If you have an AutoCal, send in new datalogs for the guys to review, they can usually recommend some fixes.

If you have a traditional tune, this is one of the biggest reasons I highly recommend the scan cable or AutoCal; there is no way to see what exactly is going on with the vehicle. It is a best guess with the information you give. The customer could have horrible gas, or a cracked plug, or dirty MAF/throttle body; there is no way to diagnose.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay usually when u buy something thats expensive and it dont work you dont send them an email and wait around two weeks for a reply
you get someone on the dam phone to help you figure it out they still got those dont they telephones?

OP
OP
P

PunisherZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new Maf I cleaned the throttle body and have just replaced plugs, I think they need to just look over my tune. When I first sent it to them I had just put in a 6.0 not long it acted up, heads were bad so I replaced it with factory 5.3 I think they are still tuning it thinking I have the 6.0 still in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442