Blackbear Tune Ready

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I have been researching this alot lately and have finally decided it will be my next mod but I have some questions for JennaBeaar and all those that have it first.
To start off, I plan on getting the Traditional Mail in tune as they will not be coming to my area any time soon, and when they do, I won't be here. I want to do a 91 Octane too, so;

1. How much TM removal (Engine and tranny) can I do w/o screwing up anything in the long run but getting alot of power?
2. What are the exact benefits of 91 Octane tune over a 87?
3. About where will the MPG and HP gain sit on the 91 ocane tune?
4. Will using a lower octane on accident (or any other way) screw anything up in?
5. Turn around time for my ECM/TCM, as I will send mine in instead of using someone elses to avoid the relearn process. (Jenna specifically)
6. Last, and most important, will the dealership be able to see the tune? If so can they BS me in any way over it?

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) most do 80%
2) Justin will know better, but think about it, if you fill up 10 gallons between 87 and 91, your talking $3.00 to 4.00 diff, go for 91 tune
3) I did 91 octane tune, runs better, feels great, got 2.1 MPG added after tune
4) just stay out of the peddle, don't hammer on it until you get better octane. Computer will pull timing if it spots detonation.
5) should be quick
6) no, unless they go looking for it. 99%, no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys

Latest posts