BlackBear does GREAT work! OP was salty and quick to jumped the gun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iamdub is a bit more level headed than OP. At least that's the vibe I get from him in the time he's been on TYF LOL

Yeah, it takes a lot to get me riled. I make a great pot-free pothead!

If I have an issue with the process, I'll certainly handle it with them personally to HELP THEM HELP ME. You catch more flies with honey. With their following just on this forum, someone putting them on blast with an issue that very much could be (and even sounds like) user error should expect to be mocked and shunned. I understand that Black Bear is comprised of humans and computers, both of which are subject to errors just like I am. I'd prefer to be just as adult as they are about resolving an issue rather than a whiny brat. If there is an issue, regardless of who's at fault, I'd like to be able to write a full review on here about how professionally and amicably it was resolved and how much I love driving with the new tune.

I promote BB all the time on here and I don't even have a tune from them yet. I've seen enough results and feedback to appreciate their skills, experience and business practices. A performance tune just hasn't been a priority for me with everything else I have going on. But, since buying that Autocal, I'm now proud to say that I'm currently invested in getting a tune from them and I look forward to riding that bandwagon with you other tuned knuckleheads.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read enough of your posts now to suspect you can think your way out of almost any paper bag out there. Even the slim ones the liquor store uses.

lol- Another great quote.

I've been "out" of those paper bags since last November. I never drank much, and really stuck to a few shots of Crown in a mix when I did. I just quit buying it.

Let's hope that with a tune, I'll finally be able to just drive my way right through the side of that paper bag.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so as i previously stated I have the autocal I purchased and I downloaded the software from there website, the autocal came with some files already on it as I can see them when I plug it into the computer. However no instructions..... do I just erase all the existing files? because they are not for my truck, then what? does it have a menu when I plug it into the obd port?

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol- Another great quote.

I've been "out" of those paper bags since last November. I never drank much, and really stuck to a few shots of Crown in a mix when I did. I just quit buying it.

Let's hope that with a tune, I'll finally be able to just drive my way right through the side of that paper bag.
I may go down the tune path if I get my road noise issue solved. I drive like granny on ****** but wouldn't mind some of the other benefits a tune would give. Plus I could free up my OBD port by removing the Range if DOD is taken out of the picture via a tune.

I've slowed way down on the drinking. Was never an abuser but now beach season is eminent. Have to shed the winter coat.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used black bear on my 03 Tahoe and I'm convinced it's the reason my transmission is still solid after 220,000 miles. Truck runs better than it ever did new and I got the tune at something like 140,000 miles. I will stand by BB Performance all day.

Although I did the in person deal where they road around with my while they made adjustments.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I firmly believe the stock trans tuning is unhealthy for it. I went 230K miles on my last work van, a 2013 Express, before the trans (6L80E) crapped out. It died with the very trans fluid in it that it left the factory with. It likely would've gone longer had I changed it regularly. The company I work for had over 100 of those vans in the fleet and a high number of them needed new transmissions as early as 70K miles. Most of which were vans that ran service in dense cities with lots of stop-and-go. We don't haul heavy loads or tow anything (insurance won't even allow hitches to be installed) so there was no reason for a 2500 van with a heavy-duty trans to die the way they did. I manually shifted mine any time I was not on the highway to keep the sloppy and confused factory shift tables from destroying the trans. I manually shift my Tahoe's 4-speed the rare times I'm in the same driving conditions.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so as i previously stated I have the autocal I purchased and I downloaded the software from there website, the autocal came with some files already on it as I can see them when I plug it into the computer. However no instructions..... do I just erase all the existing files? because they are not for my truck, then what? does it have a menu when I plug it into the obd port?

I'd contact BB and get instructions straight from the bear's mouth. By the way, lemme know what they tell you cuz I may do the same just to play around and get comfortable with it.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mine sitting here, bought it off another member a few months ago, I have no excuse,,, other than just lazyness

View attachment 216455

edit: I take that back I got two speeding tickets back to back at the end of the year so I have been cooling my heels for a bit before trying out a tune, lol
dam tickets were $740.00 (combined) went to court and got them reduced to $320.00
And you need more power? Or are you trying to raise the top speed? Lol

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I would say delete them if not yours you can do it from the desktop, all instructors are on BB website, then you will record your 3 files on it save it to your desktop, delete them from autocal, email to BB, and after that they will send you your tune

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/autocal_management.asp

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you need more power? Or are you trying to raise the top speed? Lol
I already have the limiter disabled and the 4 cylinder mode with a hypertech
I already have the limiter disabled and the 4 cylinder mode with a hypertech, the speeding tickets were nothing new I always get 2 in a row since I was 15-always.... i never get just one my m.o. is 2 within 5 days then im good for a while, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal