BlackBear does GREAT work! OP was salty and quick to jumped the gun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess we can turn this thred to something positive after all

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mine sitting here, bought it off another member a few months ago, I have no excuse,,, other than just lazyness

autocal.jpg

edit: I take that back I got two speeding tickets back to back at the end of the year so I have been cooling my heels for a bit before trying out a tune, lol
dam tickets were $740.00 (combined) went to court and got them reduced to $320.00

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patience? It takes a week to get a response from them. They won't talk on the phone, you must email them and its like a 5 day wait for a response. Kind of ridiculous

I've never dealt with BB before... but sadly your experience sounds like a lot of companies as of late... No Phone support and 5 day turn around is unacceptable in anything.. I'm currently going through the same thing with a cheap security camera system... seems i got what i paid for.
Glad your situation was resolved.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but I never seen this happen to anyone else, make sure you have a windows computer, I didn’t had to go and get one, follow BB instructions very simple, they need 3 files one is when you drive and stock tune file for engine and transmission, due to small capacity of autcal memory you might have to remove previous recorder files, make sure you save your files on your computer

Thanks for the crash course. It helps to not go into it blindly.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If shit goes south, for the love of God....think carefully before titling your thread.

I'd be the first to point the finger at ME. I'll be using a pre-owned AutoCal and I'm not a techie. However, I am meticulous about following a professional's instructions to a "T" when it comes to that which I'm not as well versed. As you guys see with my little projects here and there, I tend to document (pics and/or vids) every step where pertinent.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be the first to point the finger at ME. I'll be using a pre-owned AutoCal and I'm not a techie. However, I am meticulous about following a professional's instructions to a "T" when it comes to that which I'm not as well versed. As you guys see with my little projects here and there, I tend to document (pics and/or vids) every step where pertinent.
I've read enough of your posts now to suspect you can think your way out of almost any paper bag out there. Even the slim ones the liquor store uses.

Mericas_Meuth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've used black bear on my 03 Tahoe and I'm convinced it's the reason my transmission is still solid after 220,000 miles. Truck runs better than it ever did new and I got the tune at something like 140,000 miles. I will stand by BB Performance all day.

Although I did the in person deal where they rode around with me while they made adjustments.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt