Black TPMS Sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI,

I've tried the search function w/o success. I bought a set of black rims and would like to add black TPMS sensors. I have used the Dorman replacement on the chrome rims and with the exception of one, they have worked well, however, they are silver. Does anyone have experience with a brand that is available in black? I assume rubber which is what's on the wheels now, but they are not for our generation of Yukon. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
E

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. That's a good idea, but the sensors are a bit old, so I think I want to replace them.

Anyonr have experience with DP Accessories?

OP
OP
E

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am checking into replacing just the stems. Is there a certain black snap in valve that is compatible with the OEM or Dorman TPMS sensors? The OEM and Dorman use the aluminum clamp style, so curious if there is a specific rubber one that must be used. Who knew there were so many different valve stems available. Thanks in advance

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am checking into replacing just the stems. Is there a certain black snap in valve that is compatible with the OEM or Dorman TPMS sensors? The OEM and Dorman use the aluminum clamp style, so curious if there is a specific rubber one that must be used. Who knew there were so many different valve stems available. Thanks in advance

Look on Rock Auto. They list a rebuild kit, which is the stem and some o-rings and stuff. For mine they listed the stock aluminum one as well as a black rubber one. Another option would be to plastidip the stem you have now and change the cap to black, then you wouldn't have to unmounts and remount the tires just to change the color of your valve stem.

OP
OP
E

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on Rock Auto. They list a rebuild kit, which is the stem and some o-rings and stuff. For mine they listed the stock aluminum one as well as a black rubber one. Another option would be to plastidip the stem you have now and change the cap to black, then you wouldn't have to unmounts and remount the tires just to change the color of your valve stem.
Thanks, I'll check out Rock Auto. The rims have to be mounted on the tires, so i have the access now.

OP
OP
E

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got home I checked one of the sensors I have that's not mounted, which is an OEM sensor. It does not appear possible to remove the stem. I do have 4 sensors mounted in the old rims I plan to switch with the black rims. As I recall, they are a mix of OEM and Dorman. The Dorman removable stems. I won't know how many until the tires are removed, so I think it's best to buy 4 new even though I hate to spend more money on sensors. However, Dorman does not make a black sensor. What do you guys with black rims use? Thanks in advance

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got home I checked one of the sensors I have that's not mounted, which is an OEM sensor. It does not appear possible to remove the stem. I do have 4 sensors mounted in the old rims I plan to switch with the black rims. As I recall, they are a mix of OEM and Dorman. The Dorman removable stems. I won't know how many until the tires are removed, so I think it's best to buy 4 new even though I hate to spend more money on sensors. However, Dorman does not make a black sensor. What do you guys with black rims use? Thanks in advance

I'd hate to buy new sensors too. Then I had them go one after another AFTER I put new tires on and really wasted some money! All of my OEM/original sensors had removable stems. 13598771, 25920615, 56029398AA and AB.

OP
OP
E

easterr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Now moving on to lug nuts. Again, so many and most specify aftermarket rims only. My current are roughly 1 3/4" long with what appears as to be a 60 degree conical end. What should I be looking for? I have searched and googled and more confused than before. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts