Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed metal skid plates, apparently only the LTZ's come with metal plates even though this a Z71 it had a single plastic one, had to ream a couple of the holes a little to get the bolts in, no biggie that's usually how it goes, the little drill bit reamer tool I bought long ago sure pays off. If anyone is wondering the metal skids plates are from a 2016 Tahoe Z71 they will fit, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Escalade, Silverado, Sierra

View attachment 237836 View attachment 237837 View attachment 237838

Fear no street signs!

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fear no street signs!
this thing is so low I fear anything, took the kids to a eye doctor appoint couple weeks ago and there driveway had a big lumpy spot I didn't really think much of it till I had to turn around during the process I scrapped the crap out of I don't know what, I could hear it but don't see any marks anywhere. Also I had to take a alternate highway out of town and back recently and dam I hit ******* a unfamiliar ridge in the fast lane against one of the wheels pretty good felt like it should have bent the rim but can't find anything, just lucky so far I guess.
I may end up going with this bds 6" or maybe a 4" lift, lowered is nice and all but I drive a little to rough.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prolly scrapped the air dam just a touch in the driveway.
mine barely scrapes, so i'll trim mine in near future.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
prolly scrapped the air dam just a touch in the driveway.
mine barely scrapes, so i'll trim mine in near future.
ya I scrape the lower valance all the time I just have to pull in & out of the driveway REAL slow, I also get tire rubbing on full lock and I was going to zip tie the thing today while I was doing the skid plates and forgot until I had already put everything away, I was like shit.... o'well I'll do it tomorrow, or whenever lol

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that BDS kit is $3500 for either one 4" or 6" ****.... plus 8 hours install time, that's not counting new wheels and tires

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this thing is so low I fear anything, took the kids to a eye doctor appoint couple weeks ago and there driveway had a big lumpy spot I didn't really think much of it till I had to turn around during the process I scrapped the crap out of I don't know what, I could hear it but don't see any marks anywhere. Also I had to take a alternate highway out of town and back recently and dam I hit ******* a unfamiliar ridge in the fast lane against one of the wheels pretty good felt like it should have bent the rim but can't find anything, just lucky so far I guess.
I may end up going with this bds 6" or maybe a 4" lift, lowered is nice and all but I drive a little to rough.
Lmao. Try driving around town 2” off the ground. But I got switches. Still bump off the frame once in awhile though. Good thing it’s 1/4” thick tube.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lmao. Try driving around town 2” off the ground. But I got switches. Still bump off the frame once in awhile though. Good thing it’s 1/4” thick tube.
The one on the freeway freaked me out I was waiting for some serious wheel wobble after I hit but nada, I think it needs a little alignment though.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one on the freeway freaked me out I was waiting for some serious wheel wobble after I hit but nada, I think it needs a little alignment though.
Yeah if I hit one of my wheels I would cry. At $6k and months of waiting I would be so bummed. I have a tendency to look at my TPMS sensors a lot to make sure my rubber bands haven’t shrunk.