Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
paid for the Blackbear tune and sent some files in I thought it was less than $400 but o'well
can't believe I have put a thousand miles on it in less than a month I haven't gone anywhere but around town, one trip that was about 60 miles but that's it

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice! see much difference?
I only got to drive it a couple miles after putting it on but yes she'll go balls out gear to gear if I put my foot in it, shifts are a bit firmer, get some nice response when just cruising and touch the pedal, took off the parked rev limiter, took off the speed limiter, no more v4 mode. too much holiday traffic right now to really play with it, but I'm not getting the backfire I was getting and it's not jumping from 2nd to 5th or whatever it was landing in so that's an improvement for sure, I asked for them to turn off the shutters in the grill and leave them open I can't see them so I don't know if that was done or not they never said they couldn't do it so i'm assuming it was done, trans still hit 187 I have the tru-cool sitting here to put on yet, probably get to it this week, waiting on the B&M transmission pan back ordered probably past Christmas, the one I bought for the yukon took 3 months to get.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed metal skid plates, apparently only the LTZ's come with metal plates even though this a Z71 it had a single plastic one, had to ream a couple of the holes a little to get the bolts in, no biggie that's usually how it goes, the little drill bit reamer tool I bought long ago sure pays off. If anyone is wondering the metal skids plates are from a 2016 Tahoe Z71 they will fit, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Escalade, Silverado, Sierra

IMG_20200104_135254.jpg IMG_20200104_140912.jpg IMG_20200104_143849.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts