Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI Those K2 run Salisbury 12-bolt rear axles, 9.5" or 9.76" depending on options.
ya I was wondering about that, I figured I would go by the dealer parts department and give them the vin and see what it has exactly. I only read a little bit on them having changed something and it wasn't a standard 10 bolt anymore.

**I don't think it says in the build sheet just say's G80

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why waste money on a ported TB? Stock ones are good to 600 HP. Even my blown 6.0 wouldn’t benefit from a ported 80 mm TB.
the ported throttle body is supposed to give the L83 better throttle response, I'm reading a lot of complaints about the poor response and dead spot on these L83, with the catback that was already on the truck it needs something on wot I get a backfire and funky shift not sure where it happens (gear wise) I will have to watch the tac and see what rpm it's very consistent I can make it do it every time, and it does seem to have a low rpm dead spot, I also notice it downshifting when decelerating almost like it was a stick shift but it's a fairly soft downshift it's not banging gears but I can hear it and feel it a little that is also a complaint that some have mentioned on these trucks.

**also it was cheaper than swapping to a ported 6.2l intake, I may go that route later after the factory warranty has ran out

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word. Doesn't cost me a single penny to push my foot 1/4" further. Or go balls out with the Italian Throttle Mod.
:lol2:
This truck does have some funky throttle response though, the yukon doesn't do what this truck does, it's like it can't decide what it wants to do and then the v4 mode doesn't help either.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol2:
This truck does have some funky throttle response though, the yukon doesn't do what this truck does, it's like it can't decide what it wants to do and then the v4 mode doesn't help either.
You just need to tune it, then go from there. I wouldn’t do any performance mods until you do that, and remove that stupid V4 mode. Spend your money on a used Autocal so you can retune it at will. ;)

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just need to tune it, then go from there. I wouldn’t do any performance mods until you do that, and remove that stupid V4 mode. Spend your money on a used Autocal so you can retune it at will. ;)
I have the autocal I just need to log it and pay for the tune but I didn't want to do it until I had the cai installed and whatever else I was going to do, I figure a smidge more air couldn't hurt. Hell I might end up slapping a 6.2 in this thing if I get a hair up my ass, lol I'm used to the power the yukon has

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yup. You just need a few things tidied up in the tune. Between everything that's going on with the Torque Management (which throttle control is part of) and the sloppy transmission tuning, there's plenty of loose ends to be tightened up.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the autocal I just need to log it and pay for the tune but I didn't want to do it until I had the cai installed and whatever else I was going to do, I figure a smidge more air couldn't hurt. Hell I might end up slapping a 6.2 in this thing if I get a hair up my ass, lol I'm used to the power the yukon has
F that, put a blower on it. Cheaper and you can do it in a weekend.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Lifetime tunes ftw. Blackbear style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu