Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't be a punk: https://www.completeairride.com/pro...8-5-3-6-0-6-2-ls-engine-driven-compressor-kit

Yeah, it's for a Gen3 and 4. I posted it for the idea. I'm sure someone makes a kit for a Gen 5.
that's a lot more than what I need, I am thinking more along the lines of a small compressor I can just mount in the spare battery compartment area, I was looking at the ARB today not sure how it will handle underhood temperatures is all, it would only see use to air up tires. Apparently the airlift pump is just for the helper bags and using it to air up tires will just burn it up duty cycle is pretty low. The ARB is like 21 minutes on 35 minutes off, info says it takes like 2 minutes to air up a 33" tire so that would work fine

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's a lot more than what I need, I am thinking more along the lines of a small compressor I can just mount in the spare battery compartment area, I was looking at the ARB today not sure how it will handle underhood temperatures is all, it would only see use to air up tires. Apparently the airlift pump is just for the helper bags and using it to air up tires will just burn it up duty cycle is pretty low. The ARB is like 21 minutes on 35 minutes off, info says it takes like 2 minutes to air up a 33" tire so that would work fine

Yeah, duty cycle is everything.

Speaking of, and I'm not suggesting it, but have you seen those inflators hoses that screw into a spark plug hole and clip on the tire's valve? You crank the engine to fill the tire. I think its more for a motorcycle cuz you'd probably kill the battery or burn up a starter long before you aired up a truck tire. It'd be a total PITA, but imagine eight of 'em linked together (with check valves) to use all of your cylinders. lol

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, duty cycle is everything.

Speaking of, and I'm not suggesting it, but have you seen those inflators hoses that screw into a spark plug hole and clip on the tire's valve? You crank the engine to fill the tire. I think its more for a motorcycle cuz you'd probably kill the battery or burn up a starter long before you aired up a truck tire. It'd be a total PITA, but imagine eight of 'em linked together (with check valves) to use all of your cylinders. lol
nooo.. lol I will probably just go with the ARB

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Set up an auto draft to another account. Make it $1500 though. You won't even notice
i thought about that but...oh I would notice, I play with my money too much I am always shuffling money around so I do not pay any interest, the only thing I have paid interest on was this truck and that was around 4% of which I cut the loan time in half. my income is very complex it's been stagnant for several months, spending plus income = 0 which is fine since I keep a balance it's the surprise income that bumps the balance up from time to time, with my ebay business I get paid daily not by the hour or salary, what might work is taking a smaller amount out weekly and hiding it somehow otherwise it will be poking me in the eye and become another source of money to play with lol.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i thought about that but...oh I would notice, I play with my money too much I am always shuffling money around so I do not pay any interest, the only thing I have paid interest on was this truck and that was around 4% of which I cut the loan time in half. my income is very complex it's been stagnant for several months, spending plus income = 0 which is fine since I keep a balance it's the surprise income that bumps the balance up from time to time, with my ebay business I get paid daily not by the hour or salary, what might work is taking a smaller amount out weekly and hiding it somehow otherwise it will be poking me in the eye and become another source of money to play with lol.
I'm the same way with interest. Hate throwing money away. Good job on knocking out the truck. Financial discipline is hard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum