Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty new truck to have those kinds of problems isn’t it? Why do you think the starter cable was fried?
No idea other than battery cables seem to a ongoing issue with GM, I've read about a lot of people having the same problems but I checked all the stuff it said in the bulletins, the problem is the Lan communication a short causes all the attached modules to freak out, so it's either a broken wire or a bad module I jiggled everything I could and it won't do it unless I am driving, cleaned up this ground alsoPXL_20201123_225527873.jpg

Last edited:

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot of good reviews on the Falken at3. I also noticed my Toyo’s AT3s are also a little slippery, I run KO2s on my suburban with no complaints. I’d tell wherever you got the tires from that your not satisfied and they should be replaced, they might come you original purchase price.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lot of good reviews on the Falken at3. I also noticed my Toyo’s AT3s are also a little slippery, I run KO2s on my suburban with no complaints. I’d tell wherever you got the tires from that your not satisfied and they should be replaced, they might come you original purchase price.
I decided to try some nexen roadian at pro ra8 same size 305/55R20. so far so good certainly a quieter tire it only rained a little the morning I had them put on but they seem to have better grip in general the highway ride is pretty smooth till you hit a bump lol the Bilstein 5100's are a little stiff for single bumps

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so it did something new today besides the cluster going coo-coo normally the radio audio cut off, clock disappears and the preset's go blank, then the clock comes back and the presets come back and audio comes back, this time the preset's went offline completely. took it by the dealer this morning while it was doing this, they are going to try replacing the radio.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after i sat at the dealer and got the service manager to see and try it for himself after it sat a few minutes and I restarted it the preset's came back.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so it did something new today besides the cluster going coo-coo normally the radio audio cut off, clock disappears and the preset's go blank, then the clock comes back and the presets come back and audio comes back, this time the preset's went offline completely. took it by the dealer this morning while it was doing this, they are going to try replacing the radio.
That looks annoying af. Damn.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thankfully you have a warranty. Hopefully it's just the radio.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after we got back from dinner found out UPS had came and dropped off the running boards.....
well sort of I received 2 running boards not in a box, loose one has a big long scratch on it, there wrapped in plastic and a very thin foam padding, I am assuming UPS ****** up the original box and just decided to deliver these, no mounting brackets and no bolts probably takes about 40 bolts
:893Chainsaw-Smilie-:893Chainsaw-Smilie-:893Chainsaw-Smilie- kinda pretty pissed off because if I don't catch the manufacture in office tomorrow I probably wont have replacements on the way till next week at best and then another week of waiting.
******* UPS wasn't supposed to deliver them until tomorrow I had already called and scheduled the delivery so I would be here because I knew I was going to be gone today.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
after we got back from dinner found out UPS had came and dropped off the running boards.....
well sort of I received 2 running boards not in a box, loose one has a big long scratch on it, there wrapped in plastic and a very thin foam padding, I am assuming UPS ****** up the original box and just decided to deliver these, no mounting brackets and no bolts probably takes about 40 bolts
:893Chainsaw-Smilie-:893Chainsaw-Smilie-:893Chainsaw-Smilie- kinda pretty pissed off because if I don't catch the manufacture in office tomorrow I probably wont have replacements on the way till next week at best and then another week of waiting.
******* UPS wasn't supposed to deliver them until tomorrow I had already called and scheduled the delivery so I would be here because I knew I was going to be gone today.
Not cool.

I get that they are busy, but.......dang....

We have had an increase recently in damage claims at work against all of our shipping companies, but especially UPS.