Black Bear Tune vs AFE intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say tune first and then the intake if you have to choose, we update our tunes for free as long as you own the vehicle. Though it does take longer for us to get updates back to you. With the tune we can help with throttle response and shifting improvements and some HP TQ gains, all depending on fuel quality octane and condition of the vehicle prior to the tune.

Also side note we would tune it via our AutoCal, it will allow us to see your vehicle data and provide your custom tunes via email. We are on our last batch of AutoCals as well, maybe 7 left and don't think we are getting anymore anytime soon.

Im glad i just got mine in the mail today. close call.

OP
OP
KJG84

KJG84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AFE running a sale for the Momemtum GT Pro 5R for $383 w/ free shipping.
...very tempting

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFE running a sale for the Momemtum GT Pro 5R for $383 w/ free shipping.
...very tempting

I have the Momentum GT pro 5r setup on my 2016. Blackbear is working on my tune right now so im running it on a stock tune. Honestly it sounds so much better under load than a stock vehicle but that is about it. No real seat of the pants feel. Blackbear will get you a noticeable gain while the AFE is all noise. The AFE will give some power but would be better paired with a tune to take full advantage. If I had to pick between the 2 it would be the tune.

I know they are out of autocals right now so if you think you may have the money for blackbear once they have more then go AFE for now and hit up blackbear later. If not I would put they money back and hold out for blackbear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC