Black Bear Tune vs AFE intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJG84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which would you recommend if you had to pick 1??

I may end up doing both but for the time being I can only pick 1.

15 Tahoe LTZ 5.3L. Looking for increase in HP/torque as well as MPG( if possible??)

I’m pretty new to this stuff ( a few CAI’s and Dinan on cars) so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and stay safe out there

OP
OP
KJG84

KJG84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let’s say in a few years when I get another Tahoe/Yukon (‘17 or ‘18), would I be able to simply plug and play the Tune to the new vehicle, or do I need to send it to Black Bear to be re-tuned?

one of the reasons I was leaning towards an Intake was the ease of transfer from vehicle to vehicle.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s say in a few years when I get another Tahoe/Yukon (‘17 or ‘18), would I be able to simply plug and play the Tune to the new vehicle, or do I need to send it to Black Bear to be re-tuned?

one of the reasons I was leaning towards an Intake was the ease of transfer from vehicle to vehicle.
You’re going to have data log and send it off to blackbear if getting a new vehicle

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will have to purchase a new tune when you change vehicles, the tune is tied to the VIN. It is a lifetime tune which means it can be upgraded when you make changes to the vehicle and it’s transferable to the new owner but not to a different VIN. But an intake won’t do much for you, not enough to notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9