Black Bear Performance Tune, Bridgewater, NJ – April 6th Wknd, 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats up julie.... I've recieved the email sent out with time slots, I sent one back with a time slot for saturday but you guys said that day wouldn't work because it was full so I sent out another email with time frame availabilities for sunday april 7th....how long would it be before I recieve a return email with a confirmed time slot?

Yukon Lover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that was kinda helpful. Could you elaborate more? Like what changes you make ( 10 them vs. 50 you ), what needed changing to make vehicles run right before tune, what kind of power could i expect. Also fuel, the tuner allows you to run regular gas not just premium, also can change whenever. Not saying one is better than the other just trying to make an informed decision. Thanks for the response. :peace:

OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What you are asking will vary from vehicle to vehicle; HP and MPGs will depend on driver, modifications, and gas (octane and quality). Some vehicles need 50 changes, some need 100+.

Depending on the year/engine you have, you might be needing to run 89 octane even on stock tuning (something GM doesn't tell you). Can you run 87 with the tune? Certainly, but you may have knock, and lower HP and MPGs compared to others.

With the AutoCal, you are able to change tunes on the fly. Many folks like the AutoCal for this reason, as well as the ability to return to stock for dealer visits.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Re: Black Bear Performance Tune, Bridgewater, NJ – April 6th Wknd, 2013

With the AutoCal, you are able to change tunes on the fly. Many folks like the AutoCal for this reason, as well as the ability to return to stock for dealer visits.

Best part about it imo. Dealers always screw it up....

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats up julie.... I've recieved the email sent out with time slots, I sent one back with a time slot for saturday but you guys said that day wouldn't work because it was full so I sent out another email with time frame availabilities for sunday april 7th....how long would it be before I recieve a return email with a confirmed time slot?

Thanks for submitting available times for Sunday...I do appreciate your flexibility with days and times - helps make scheduling a little easier.

Confirmation emails with your designated time slot should go out this Friday or Monday of next week at the latest.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

We received quite a substantial number of new deposits for this meet over the weekend.

Therefore, we had to adjust our schedule and create some new time slots. That being said, a new time slot email just went out.

Please let me know if you did not receive the updated email so I can resend.

Reminder: confirmation emails with everyone's designated time slot will not go out until Friday of this week or Monday of next week.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, if I want an 87 octane tune can I still get the sport mode done with the tow/haul button? Or will I need to get the autocal for that. Is there a big difference in mpgs and hp from 91 and 87 tune, like 2-5 mpgs more on 91 and 1-3 on 87?

OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You will have better results in sport mode with a higher octane, both performance and MPGs.

Really the increase in HP and MPGs will depend on the quality of fuel, I would recommend a minimum of 89.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, ill go with an 87 tune since it is my daily. Will I still be able to get the sport mode with tow/haul button? What are some benefits of having an autocal?