Bilstein 5100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally had the chance to get them installed.
Took probably 4 hours. Always quicker to do the second side after you spend so long figuring out how to do the first side.
Hardest part was getting the strut lined up just right, needed to do a 180 after the first time I went to install it.
Next most important part was keeping track of which way the top of the strut was facing when you pulled it out. the 3 bolts are space apart differently. Two are 4.25" apart, and one is 4.5" apart. Gotta get it just right.
I rented a spring compressor from Oreilly's and that was the most stressful and exhausting part.

Anyway, love the way it's turned out. Night and day difference in driving characteristics - zero sloppy feeling when turning or when going over a dip/bump.
Glad I waited so long for these - worth it.
Pic attached, top is stock, bottom is with the 5100's at the highest setting.
5100s installed.jpg

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is almost an identical shock minus over all length.

The valving is very similar.

CJF2019

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1” spacer with ride like stock. UCAs are not 100% necessary but are a good idea; you’ll need to ensure the UCA clears your wheel and tire combo.
Hi - Nice looking Suburban. Are you able to tel me what tires are on the vehicle in this picture. Much appreciated.

MTDreamin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You’ll clear. I believe mine are second from top setting, same tires.

View attachment 273167

Tiki: Your rig is exactly what I'm looking to do with my new to me 2018 Burb LS. I posted in another forum about the difficulty finding people posting exactly this info on this forum, like I was able to find when I did my 4Runner Bilstein 5100s a few years ago.

Just to clarify, you think you're on the 2nd from top setting on front and rear, and nothing else but the Bilstein 5100s all the way around -- no modified UCAs, spacers, etc.? Thanks for the info!

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tiki: Your rig is exactly what I'm looking to do with my new to me 2018 Burb LS. I posted in another forum about the difficulty finding people posting exactly this info on this forum, like I was able to find when I did my 4Runner Bilstein 5100s a few years ago.

Just to clarify, you think you're on the 2nd from top setting on front and rear, and nothing else but the Bilstein 5100s all the way around -- no modified UCAs, spacers, etc.? Thanks for the info!

Correct.

lucas287

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone in the Northern Virginia area want a brand new set of Bilstein 6112? Part #47-251922.

Fully assembled too with new mounts.

Ended up selling my Tahoe for a Silverado before I ever installed them.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the Northern Virginia area want a brand new set of Bilstein 6112? Part #47-251922.

Fully assembled too with new mounts.

Ended up selling my Tahoe for a Silverado before I ever installed them.

Dont they fit the pickup too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11