Bilstein 4600 shocks with 2” rear lowering springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking into installing 2” rear lowering springs along with Airlift bags incase I ever decide to tow with it, the truck will pretty much sit level might have to adjust the keys a hair, which is all I’m really after right now most likely going to go lower down the road, has anyone ran the Bilstein 4600 shocks on a similar setup or on a lowered truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm following cause we have the exact same caddy.

Ah nice right now I’m 37” in the rear and 35” 1/2 on the driver side and 35” 5/8 on the pass front, so with the 2” spring after adjusting the keys up front it will be 35” all the way around and sit level, but I might just swap in 2” keys up and have a nice drop with slight rake it’s only like $80 more for a lot with keys

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am strongly considering the 2/3 drop with keys and springs, but i've heard alot of guys say the ride is garbage with keys. I'm gonna get the 4600's regardless.

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am strongly considering the 2/3 drop with keys and springs, but i've heard alot of guys say the ride is garbage with keys. I'm gonna get the 4600's regardless.

There’s a few members on here with the Crown 2/3 kit with keys/springs they liked it, with spindles you have to cut the balljoint nut so it doesn’t rub, I think it’s the upper one, so that’s something that something that some people don’t like and you can only run 17” rims or bigger so if you swap out rims for the crappy weather months that’s something to consider too.

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the more affordable price and I figure it can't be that bad a ride. Plus the install is easier.

I have 22's for the summer, looking for a set of stock escalade 22's for the winter

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2” spring change is easy and will get the job done. The 2/3 is what I have on my 07 Denali. I don’t have keys so I had to get spindles. If all you want is level do springs. If you want lowered do both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14